• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 4 speed car

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
Drove it over the weekend and decided it was time. 7-8 years is as long as I have kept any one car. Had my first 69 that long, had my 70 Challenger that long.

You guys let me know if my price is out of line. Guys here would know better than most anybody.

mcmopar

Reaction score
Mine is by no means perfect but if I do have to let it go I'll be looking to get no less than $25,000 for it. And I still won't be able to find one as nice in that price range if and when I look for another one (if I have to sell, that is.)
Back when I had my '71 Charger SE I tried to sell it twice. The 1st time I asked between $5000 and $6000 and didn't get but one half-hearted call. The second time I put it up for sale I asked $9000 and the phone rang off the hook. I even had a guy from So. Carolina call after I sold it. I told him it was gone and he said "would you mind if I ask how much you got?" I told him $8250 and he said "I'd have given $10,000 for it." He was serious. So the moral here is: "don't ask too little" because it gets in people's heads that there must be something wrong with the car. If you go a little higher at first you can always come down to a price that makes both you and the buyer happy.

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
Hmm, I usually get the "you can't get that for that" people.

Had that on about every car I have sold and I have never been far off from what the car was worth. usually have to pt it on the Bay though to get what they are worth, most classifieds seem to bring out the lowballers for some reason in my experience. Guess we will see this time. I do have it on a free Ebay listing right now, but not the one I think will do the best.

I need to get it out for some pics next time I'm around it. These really don't do it justice.

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
Already getting some how much would you take for it crap. I remember now why I used to only Ebay the damn things. Get much more serious players there. Classifieds seem to bring out the flippers and wanna be car dealers and the guys that are day dreaming. I used to get a few from Ebay but most were ready to make a play.

I might just take it off everywhere and put it on the bay when I take some better pics.

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
Interesting trade offer came in. I might go plum crazy or stand pat.

This will be hard. I like what I have but for some reason I want a change. I can't figure it really. :huh:

droptop

Reaction score
The links to your ad do not work. I have a friend that is in the market for a b body 4 speed. Post or pm me some pictures, and your price, and I will forward them to him.

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
The guy backed out before we got together on the phone. Go figure. :huh:

Already dealt with too many others with calls such as "does it have the original engine?"

uh, no. It has a 70 model engine, just like I listed as.

And others. So i think if I sell it I will just put it on Ebay and leave this classifed ad stuff alone. just too many looky lous and not enough reward for the hassle.

If anybody has a 68-70 b body or 70-71 ebody to trade I will talk with them. At least if they have one of those cars, I know they will have some idea about what is going on.

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
I decided to test the waters since Ebay has it to where you only pay a couple of bucks for extra pics, etc.

If anybody wants to see just how bad the market is, check this out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... ESELX%3AIT

Cars just aren't bringing much now. Sure I could snag another ride for cheap, but with parts costs what they are, factoring in tme also, why bother? No way I get a car lined out as well as this one for less.

I have gotten a couple of reasonable trade offers in the last month. I don't think I will fit in one decent car offered since I'm 6' 6" and just do feel comfortable in the RR. I've had some real laughers offered as well. Maybe I will detail the best one sometime. Pretty funny.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
remembering the prices I saw when I was looking for a car after my fire, that is a great deal. I saw plenty of cars for $16 grand and a lot more with holes in the roof,floors,body.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back