• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 GTX - Best trunk weather stripping out there next to NOS

resq302

Reaction score
Well, we are at the stage of the work on our 1969 GTX convertible where we are almost done painting the door jambs and trunk jamb from when the previous owner repainted the exterior of the car only in the original color and never painted the door and trunk jambs. I guess from 44 years of being on there the original paint faded slightly or the new paint was a shade or two off than what was there originally. Regardless, the original trunk weather stripping is in nice shape but the bottom edge of it is starting to come apart and looks nasty compared to what the end result of the car will be. I would prefer to put an NOS one back on there but at the same time, I also know they are not the easiest to come by. With that in mind and in the event that I can not find one, who makes the most correct appearing / fitting trunk weather stripping on the market today?

Thanks and Happy New Year!

Brian

jays69bird

Reaction score
Brian let me know if you got the message on the interior color,sometimes my messages don't transmit.

Back