• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 GTX

Status
Not open for further replies.

6t9runner440

Reaction score
I have been struggling with this decision for quite some time and I think it's time to part with this car. I just don't have the time or money to give this car the attention it deserves. I have done quite a bit to this car
new stock exhaust including manifolds
83/4 rear from drum to drum
new kickdown
new brakes and front drums
new v gate shifter
new electronic ignition
new trans mount
new driveshaft
new mopar performance xhd leafs with shackles, front hangers and bolts

This is a very solid GTX but it will need some work...it is not numbers matching...It has a 71 HP 440...tested compression at 145 per cylinder

I belive the trans is good but it has a torque converter issue..the mopar clunk

It will need front end work...it's very driveable but I know the strut rod bushings are shot

Needs the front wheel housings completed

This is a highly optioned gtx...Light package, air grabber

Low retail for this car is 14300 and I would like to get around this for the car

If you are interested or know someone who is you can pm me and I will give you my number with all the fender tag info

There is no build sheet but the numbers on the rad support match the fender tag
It is a rs23 car

here is a link to some pics http://s113.photobucket.com/albums/n219/njpete164/gtx/

6t9runner440

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Looks like a nice car; sorry to hear that you have to sell it...

Ray
Not that i have to sell...just not able to do what I want with it...I just want to see it end up in good hands...besides I still have the Roadrunner :thumbsup:

6t9runner440

Reaction score
Hey guys....I want to clear something up immediately....what i thought was am a33 code is an m33 code on the fender tag...my apologies...the last thing i want to do is misrepresent anything...bottom line is it's a 3:55 sure grip...not a trak pak...once again my apologies

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
6t9runner440 said:
ACME A12 said:
Looks like a nice car; sorry to hear that you have to sell it...

Ray
Not that i have to sell...just not able to do what I want with it...I just want to see it end up in good hands...besides I still have the Roadrunner :thumbsup:

Sorry that you have to get rid of it no matter what the reason... :yesnod:

:jester:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
dang shame you hafta turn her loose. Are you gonna put in on moparts, or e bay it?
If you don't mind my asking, are there any clearance issues with the wiper motor? I always heard the 2 speed motor had to be used with that air cleaner.

6t9runner440

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
dang shame you hafta turn her loose. Are you gonna put in on moparts, or e bay it?
If you don't mind my asking, are there any clearance issues with the wiper motor? I always heard the 2 speed motor had to be used with that air cleaner.

Good eye Dave...this is one of the small issues i never thought about...it needs a 3 speed wiper motor....the dingaling that had the car before me put a 2 speed motor in and notched the air cleaner...the guy that did the body work on my roadrunner said it would be real easy to patch a small piece in...it's been a couple years since i drove it for the first time the other day when i took it out of storage....thanks for asking...like I said I will answer all questions honestly...oh...just for the record I know you love it cause it's F8 :lol:

So far I've only listed the car here and on fbbo...I figured i'd give you guys the first crack at it...I know if it went to one of you guys or a friend it would end up in good hands

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
well.........if would just happen to replace the air cleaner with a better one......a notched base would fit on my car.........
hate to see you sell taht beauty, but it;s better than letting it gather dust.

6t9runner440

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
well.........if would just happen to replace the air cleaner with a better one......a notched base would fit on my car.........
hate to see you sell taht beauty, but it;s better than letting it gather dust.

thats how I see it...plus I've got a lot of life issues going on right now...dad is not doing too well and i'm going to buy his house...There will be another one that I can assure you...but for now I gotta do whats right

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
yeah, being an adult sucks sometimes. real life can be a real bumer.That's why I limit myself to one toy car. I've tried to have more, but figured out real quick it wasn't gonna happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back