• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Paint Availability ? Specifically K2 & V2

steverino

Reaction score
Hi guys
(I also posted this on the b bodies forum, but I know there's many experienced and knowledgeable 69 owners here)

Was V2 ever available on a 69 Plymouth ?

I have seen some conflicting information (I know, big surprise !)
The ppg 1969 Plymouth chart shows no V2 available (but it is in 70), but the 1970 r-m Plymouth chart shows V2 with a note "also available in spring 1969"

I'm under the impression that V2 was available only on Dodge beginning spring 69, and K2 was available only on Plymouth beginning in spring 69 , then in 70 Plymouth picked up V2 (EV2) and Dodge picked up K2 (EK2)

Am I close ?
Or are there actually 69 Plymouths out there that came from the factory painted V2 ?

thanks !

Last edited:

quikbird

Reaction score
welcome, sorry have no clue on the paint availability. Dave will say if it is not green, its not worth bothering with it. :jester:

steverino

Reaction score
Thanks
This 1970 Plymouth RM color chart is the source of my confusion (I think I attached it) indicating that V2 was "* also a spring 69 color", although it's correctly named tor-red, which I don't believe was available until 1970 for Plymouth (EV2) (always wondered why they added the "E" to 70 color codes ? )
I haven't got a good pic of the 1969 RM Plymouth color chart, but it has only the early year colors (no spring colors)
I think the time of printing must have been a factor, because the ppg charts seem to be consistent with the spring 69 offerings of K2 for plymouth only and V2 for dodge only

RM color chart 70 plym.jpg

stevo

Reaction score
I have read, i've not actually been around a dealership back in the day but....
if Chrysler had the colour you could probably get it on your Plymouth.
just my 02

steverino

Reaction score
I tend to think that's correct, but I'm wondering if a 69 Plymouth was painted in tor-red/hemi orange then maybe it would be code 99 rather than V2 ?

Back