• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 r-r hardtop to post sedan?

dodgem1

Reaction score
hey guys,jeff from st.louis,do any of you guys know if i could change my hardtop to a post(im in the middle of a resto)this is a 69 satellite clone street car im bulding,just wondering what parts are the same,i know the doors are the same but what about the roof?i can buy a doner post sections for it,any way of doing it,thanks-jeff :hack:

moparstuart

Reaction score
dodgem1 said:
hey guys,jeff from st.louis,do any of you guys know if i could change my hardtop to a post(im in the middle of a resto)this is a 69 satellite clone street car im bulding,just wondering what parts are the same,i know the doors are the same but what about the roof?i can buy a doner post sections for it,any way of doing it,thanks-jeff :hack:
why to you want a post ?

just put frame connectors in it ? role door rear windows are much better .

dodgem1

Reaction score
i,like the way it looks better,i think the road runner should have stayed low budget-post, bench seat ,colum shift or 4 speed,just wondering if it could be done,i have sold 2 road runners(numbersmatching)because all my buds kept telling me dont cut up that car,i have taken heater out you know street car,i was looking for a bevi but you know how that goes,so i settled for a sat that had a 69 gtx drivetrane,i would really like a post but this car is turn key now,just needs full quarter wich i have already-jeff :brickwall:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
I don't see any reason why you can't do that. Take a long look at the doner car first and cut out more then you'll think you'll need.

dodgem1

Reaction score
hey thanks john(by the way me liky the new banner)if i can come up with all the parts i might try it,the hardtops are nice looking too! :banana:

moparchris

Reaction score
My Superbird clone has been converted from a post (21) to a hardtop (23). It looks real simple, just one piece (the post) is all you need, well and the pop out rear windows. The opening in the top of the quarter will need to be welded up to look correct. It looks like there are 4 spot welds on top and 8 on the bottom of the post. Totally doable and probably easy. Just find a donor and have at it. Good luck and we will need plenty of pics.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I dunno bout that, the General Lee bent on the front and back, not in the middle.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
moparstuart said:
BARRY JACKPOT said:
Posts are the go, coupes are for chickens :acme:
I have all three a post , a hard top and a convertible

convertibles are the best !!!!!!!!! hard tops are next , then the lowly post is last

Then let me take that lowly '70 post off of your hands...it's obviously dragging you down...wise-a$$... :lol:

:jester:

moparstuart

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
moparstuart said:
[quote="BARRY JACKPOT":2r3yam2l]Posts are the go, coupes are for chickens :acme:
I have all three a post , a hard top and a convertible

convertibles are the best !!!!!!!!! hard tops are next , then the lowly post is last

Then let me take that lowly '70 post off of your hands...it's obviously dragging you down...wise-a$$... :lol:

:jester:[/quote:2r3yam2l]
only thing its got going for it is the 4 gear , :banana:

Back