• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Rd Runner Intro

69 Rd Runner

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Russ Wallace, I live in Davie, Florida. My son gave me a rotisserie restored (B-5 blue) 69 Road Runner for my 60th birthday last week, almost identical to the one I had as a kid. I am still in shock, my wife and I are having a lot of fun with it. I also have a 1960 corvette I am doing a frame off restoration on for the last 10 years that is about 85% complete. Looking forward to some minor enhancements to the RR and finishing the vette.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Welcome. I am helping the son of a friend secretly restore his dads 69 runner to give back to his dad. My friend gave it to his son years ago after he grew tired of it do to the run down condition and one day he will get it back.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
welcome. now that's a great son. Post up some pics!

69 Rd Runner

Reaction score
Thanks, he shocked the hell out of me!!
The car is gorgeous, some minor pitting on the tail light bezels and fender turn signal indicators. Have the AM radio repaired, not that i will ever listen to it. The sound of the car is music enough.The car is numbers matching except the carburetor, already found one and having it restored.
Welcome and that's one cool kid you have! What Tweaks do you want to do to your runner?

69 Rd Runner

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome everyone. Restoring your friends RR with his son is awesome. I'm sure that car will mean more to him than you can imagine!! Glad I found this site, there is a ton of helpfull information on here. I've been able to decode the fender tag with the exception of a couple of codes. Still working on them.
Welcome. I am helping the son of a friend secretly restore his dads 69 runner to give back to his dad. My friend gave it to his son years ago after he grew tired of it do to the run down condition and one day he will get it back.

Smokngun

Reaction score
Welcome! And not that we don't know what a B-5 roadrunner looks like (were 95% of them that color? Sheesh!) but post up some pictures!!!

Back