• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Road Runner 383 a/c brackets/pulleys interchange?

Promopar

Reaction score
I have a 69' runner H code with factory a/c (blue 330hp engine). The origional engine is long gone, and I am just wondering if I can get any 69' 383 with a/c for a replacement, or if I will need one out of a B-Body to get all the correct brackets, accessories, and a/c components?
thanks, James

moparchris

Reaction score
Promopar said:
I have a 69' runner H code with factory a/c (blue 330hp engine). The origional engine is long gone, and I am just wondering if I can get any 69' 383 with a/c for a replacement, or if I will need one out of a B-Body to get all the correct brackets, accessories, and a/c components?
thanks, James

I am not 100% sure but I believe that Chrysler used the same brackets and pulleys on all the cars in the line up. One thing I would look at is belt part numbers.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
moparchris said:
Promopar said:
thanks, James

I am not 100% sure but I believe that Chrysler used the same brackets and pulleys on all the cars in the line up. One thing I would look at is belt part numbers.
I think Chris nailed it, find an a/c big block and pull everything you need :yesnod:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
welcome to the site! stop by the intro section and tells us about you and your car.
I'll agree with the others and say the brackets should be the same between B and C Bodies.

Promopar

Reaction score
I was thinking the C-body had a different (bigger) a/c compressor, and a different power steering pump???

What other years (if any) would have the same setup?

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I wouldn't swear to it, but I'd say the compressor would be the same. I think you're right on the power steering pully, but should just need a different belt.

Back