• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Road Runner Project-What's it worth

John Milner

Reaction score
I'm looking at a 1969 Road Runner project car and I was just wanting to get some opinions as to what it might be worth. I've had a couple of Mopars over the years but never a Road Runner.

Details on the project:

2 door post body is in decent shape and rolls. Has been sitting outside for the past 25 years. I believe the car was originally white but I am not 100% sure. Having said that it does need restoration. Has the correct Road Runner specific VIN. Quarters are not bad. Needs a lower patch on the passenger's side. Trunk pan is in excellent shape. Floor pans are in excellent shape. Frame rails and torsion rod cross member are in great shape. Front fenders are rust free and workable. Doors are in great shape. Hood is in good shape as is the grill. Bumpers are both in good shape. It was a bucket seat car and still has those. Both need recovered as will the back seat. All of the glass with the exception of the windshield is in good shape. The dash is currently out of the car but is all there and in good shape. It is a non a/c car. The car was a factory 4 speed car and still has the correct pedals, steering column and all linkage. The original 4 speed, shifter and bellhousing come with the car. The original 383 is long gone but it does come with a mid 70's 440 engine needing a rebuild. It still has the 8 3/4 rear end with unknown gear ratio. All and all it is a good project car. It does need restored and put back together. I do not have pictures as of now. Has a title. What would a project like this be worth?

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
whatever you are willing to pay......
is the complete dash (metal frame, or just the cluster) out? If the complete dash is out...why? better double check the vin with the body. I've seen junk for sale for $10,000+, and decent projects for half that. pics would help.

John Milner

Reaction score
I am not for sure as to why the dash was out. Someone has taken the car apart to restore but lost interest. One of those projects that come with boxes and boxes of parts. The whole metal dash/wiring is out of the car. It is all complete and present though.

Last edited:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
have to ask...get tired of the Duce Coupe?:jester:
double check the vin on the dash with the numbers on the rad support, and under the trunk weatherstrip on the driver's side trunk rail.
and if it's that far apart, better check to see what all is there...nuts,bolts,screws, that stuff can cost a lot to gather up.

John Milner

Reaction score
I will check on the VIN numbers just to make sure. I feel like the car is a true roadrunner though. As far as the deuce I had to build another one. Used a 1931 model a and a HEMI engine this time. Need another mopar to go with it though.

image.jpg

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
nice...gonna paint this one yellow too?:drool:
I paid $9000 for mine in 2007. post car, rebuilt 383,4 speed 3.23. solid frame and body, but the quarters were pop riveted and mud.new interior. I would think Oklahoma would be kind to old cars? what's he asking for it?

quikbird

Reaction score
you are describing a base car to start from. needs engine rebuild, some body and paint and a new wiring harness (blessing in disguise), so a lot of work. I probably would not go higher than 5-6 K for it.

John Milner

Reaction score
I think the hot rod will go red this time and not yellow.

The car is certainly a base car. No real options other than the bucket seats to speak of. Just the way I like them. The quarters have never been replaced nor do they need total replacement. Oklahoma is usually very friendly to cars as far as rust goes. The guy is asking $3,000 for the project. I had a '70 440 R/T 4 speed Charger back around 2000 and I sure miss shifting a 4 speed behind a 440.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
if you're serious, I'd go thru the parts piles, and see just what is and isn't there. $3000 sounds like a pretty good deal.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
then it's definite.....there's a massive asteroid headed for Earth.....

moparchris

Reaction score
3K? All day even if its missing a ton of stuff. As long as the body is pretty solid, aside from the usual stuff. Clean project Roadrunner bodies sell for 5K all day. Does it have a fender tag? That will hurt its value.

Danomt

Reaction score
Hey John, does your buddys still have the 58 Impala, I would like to borrow it for the weekend.:jester:
and if a guy by the name basket case say go, It must be good... Dano

Coyote

Reaction score
Sounds like a decent asking/starting price. Put on your negotiating pants and get into it right. If you get it right enough you can take care of what ends up not being there without getting hammered too bad! Gotta agree with Quikbird, having to rewire completely is the way to go! MOPAR wiring was made to last until trade in time!

Back