• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 roadrunner mod top on ebay

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I didn't even know there was a mod top registry... Checked it out. Sure enough there is ONE RR on there... Lots of Satellites. And only a handful of cars that didn't have the mod (floral inserts) interior to go with the top...

Too bad he's wasted a real 054 radiator on a clone...and I'm no clone-hater by any means...just that some parts are hard enough to find when you're putting a real car together and it's frustrating when you see them used on a car that isn't the real McCoy anyway...

This thing is one big cluster f**k if you ask me. Why bother to turn the only (maybe???) Mod Top RR into an A12 clone??? Makes no sense. Less attractive to me without the original 383 set-up - yes, just my personal preference and opinion - duly noted. I'm not in the market for a mod top car, but if I was, I'd pass on this one...

:leave:
Ray

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
that guy must"ve been on acid to order a top like that

Um, George, I think that was the point...or at least the underlying message in making those bizarro offerings available back then...and are you speaking from personal experience??? I think you should start a "Who here has ever dropped acid?" thread to go with your other personal experience thread-starters... :lmao:

:jester:
ACME aka "I never dropped acid but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express with mod top sheets once..."

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
The sunroof was never offered on Roadchickens for one, who would ever put a mod top on a muscle car :loco: They were trying to make a bundle on a one of one car :bs:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I love the way some of these guys use that key word that makes all their claims true, and to drive the price up. RARE! It's rare this, or rare that! Do they really think we are all that gullible to believe their claims? This could another example of someone building a car that he wants, thinking that everyone else will want it. You may find one that does, but I suspect that it most likely won't be by someone that really knows about these cars. As far as sunroofs go, with all the b-body muscle cars around my neck of the woods, I don't ever recall seeing one that had a sunroof. Has anyone else seen one?

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
The sunroof was never offered on Roadchickens for one, who would ever put a mod top on a muscle car :loco: They were trying to make a bundle on a one of one car :bs:

I kinda like the green Super Bees with the mod tops...seriously... :D

Yes, I know. I have to report to the drug screening room immediately... :leave:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:

:puke:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:

Fill at least half the cup please.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
well Chrysler is famous for making cars that were never made. But, I've never heard of a sun roof on anything but second gen Chargers of the time. And I've never heard of a road runner with the Mod Top. I saw a Blue '69 Satellite at The Nats a few years ago. Definatly musta been on something back then to want a shower curtian on your car.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Hey!! I was not wanting more words in my aviatar! :D

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Basketcase said:

And your point is?

Big John

Reaction score
I never liked those cars to begin with :gay: ...But what Ray said is true... If that really is a "1 of 1" car, then why make a A-12 clone out of it?

The sunroof? What's up with that?

To me, someone took a very rare piece of Mod Top material and put a freaking unrepairable hole in the center.. thus making that material unavailable for somebody that is restoring a car the right way...

If they can document that sunroof came new in that car, that's a different story... even if it was added at the dealership, but I kinda doubt it.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Big John said:
Basketcase said:

And your point is?

:huh: musta done sumth'n, or said sumth'n to incur The Wrath of Big.......(reminds me of a Star Trek movie I have.....dang If I can remember what...... :huh: musta been one of those Blue remarks......... :huh: ...I wished Chuck Norris Happy Birthday....so it can't be that..........unless it was posting about James West beating Chuck's butt in the computer fight........ :huh: ...........get the same feeling from the Wife when I abandoned her at Heath last year....but I blamed all that on Dobie..... :huh:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I laughed at The Pirate Joke....can't be that........ :huh:

Big John

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
Big John said:
Basketcase said:

And your point is?

:huh: musta done sumth'n, or said sumth'n to incur The Wrath of Big.......(reminds me of a Star Trek movie I have.....dang If I can remember what...... :huh: musta been one of those Blue remarks......... :huh: ...I wished Chuck Norris Happy Birthday....so it can't be that..........unless it was posting about James West beating Chuck's butt in the computer fight........ :huh: ...........get the same feeling from the Wife when I abandoned her at Heath last year....but I blamed all that on Dobie..... :huh:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You know... There's one thing about me that anyone that knows me well will tell you... I only pick on people I like. :cheers:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
had to hit the "Back" button real quick to see if anything else was added...you must like me ALOT........ :lmao:

Back