• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 roadrunner Parking brake assembly

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Hey bird fan's. Well as you know that I am doing a restore on my 69 roadrunner. It is missing a lot of part's so now looking for parking brake assembly. Is their a reproduction or do I have to find a salvage one. See two on classic car restoration page but not sure if they will work with my brake cable. Well looking for help once again. Trying to get it one peace at a time as the old song goes. Thank you for all your help. Knee deep into body work. Russ69Runner

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Hey 69hemmibeep look on classic industries their telling me that the parking brake assembly FB 9001 1B will work. I looked E bay and other site's seen one but was removed from list. I suppose that it had sold. Like I said trying to get parts that was took off car for painting and restore before I bought it. One other question the dash pad is bolted to the front of the metal dash I don't have ralley cluster. looks like the top dash is exposed metal. Well enough talking about my project but hope to get the car as close to orginal as possible. Thank's Russ69Runner

droptop

Reaction score
The parking brake assembly is the same on all 68-70 b bodies and there were about a zillion of them made, so finding a good used one should not be that difficult or expensive.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Classic part is made by Lokar and will require adapting if there is room. Get an original.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
should be easy to find, same assembly used on Chargers, road runners, any four door B Body. good luck.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Well I was just looking. May be I can find one some where. They are pretty expensive but would like some thing that is not rusted out. So if you look at it I may go this route. I appreciate your input and thank's for the Help.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
I appreciate any help droptop. I will look into this. I am finding out that their are not a lot of these old car's left. Most of which have long since been crushed. I did see a mopar junk yard listed out west but in florida their are quite rare to find these car's. I would be nice to find one that is in good shape. So thank you for your input it is most appreciated. Keep that bird running See Ya.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
be sure and look at the for sale ads on moparts, FBBO, here, there are plenty of parts out there, even e bay.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Hey Basketcase I feel like I am working on one but I don't have much in my basket Ha. Right now collecting body part's to start replace panel's that are bad. As you know bought the car knew the some rust was their before buying. Now that I owne it and digging in finding a lot more. Feel like buying a hole body just praying when I dig out roof channels every thing isn't to bad. Well you know what I am in for and so do I. So will try what was it Mr Mopar and see if they have one that is in good shape. Thank you for your time and info. By the way sharp looking bird what size rear tire's are you running and is that 15 inch rim's. Well got to fly and keep that bird running.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Thank's quickbird. Ill check it out. How' s that bird running. Got mine running but having problem's with the BG carb. Why cant I find any number's on mine. It look's to be 600 CFM but not sure. Going to pull it of to marrow and check the setting's on my butter fly plates It doesn't ideal very well motor shakes and back fire's then die's any idea's. My buddy told me to buy a new one what should I put on this 383 or what would you run on it. Well got to fly thank's for all the input it is appreciated.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Hey that's cool. I think that 69hemie told me I would get rear end slap if I put the spring's on top of it. We did that with our street drag car. It was a duster with a 440. That way we could get 12inch of rubber on theground. My charger I put shackels and air shock's to get her up so I could put 10inch on it. Well thank you again Basketcase

quikbird

Reaction score
Russ, 383 normally runs either a 600 or 650 cfm carb. Shaking and backfire might be timing, mine is running pretty well. 496 stroker with a demon 850. Had it out this am for a couple cars and coffee meetings.

djais1801

Reaction score
was there a "rallye dash" made for the 69? if so, what's the difference...i thought they were all the rectangular dash/speedo?

Back