• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 RR Fuel Line Install Questions:

BigDaddy440

Reaction score
So the fuel lines (main fuel line & return) seem pretty straight forward to install. I purchased a pre-bent along with the proper clips and other hardware needed for my restoration. I've mocked up the lines, and they seem to fit pretty well. I have a few questions before I begin installing the various types of clips that hold the lines in place and together.

Questions:

1) Which line, 5/16 or 1/4 runs closest to the ground / street? Based on the designed of the clip, I think the 5/16" line runs nearest to the ground but I thought I'd ask.

2) Both lines pass through the frame near the front of the car. Is there a rubber grommet that goes here or does the curved edge of this opening in the frame provide enough protection from fuel line damage?

3) The fuel line hardware kit came with two small clamp fasteners that attach with bolts. Can anyone share with me where these two fastners attach to the car? A picture would be great.

Thanks

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
For the most part the large line is toward the bottom but they will cross in the turns some. No grommet in the frame and one clamp goes on the bottom of the frame rail near the rear wheel and the other on the shock support near the tank and you should have some sharp stabs along the floor pan and spring clips towards the engine bay.

road runner 361 (Medium).jpg

road runner 360 (Medium).jpg

road runner 340 (Medium).jpg

BigDaddy440

Reaction score
Well a big thank you is in order! I appreciate your time in posting the pictures!

Thanks!

-Dan

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
BigDaddy440 said:
Well a big thank you is in order! I appreciate your time in posting the pictures!

Thanks!

-Dan
No problem, I have a pic or two hanging around :lol:

A31PKG

Reaction score
With all the picture taking he did, I'm surpised he found the time to actually restore the car! :lmao:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
A31PKG said:
With all the picture taking he did, I'm surpised he found the time to actually restore the car! :lmao:
:toetap: :toetap: :toetap: P.P.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
that's the only reason he restored that car, just so he could post up a few thousand pictures now and then.. :acme: :acme: :acme: :acme: :acme: :acme: :acme: :acme: :acme: :acme: :acme: :acme: :acme: :acme: :acme: :acme: :acme: :acme: :acme: :acme:

Back