• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE 69 RR on CL (Not Mine) 18K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Buck Tag? must mean fender tag...and another mopar with a POSI. why would you paint the engine bay.....and not paint the hood? Doesn't look too bad...but I'd want to see it in person.

Don99Pablo

Reaction score
Just wondering as I am learning on the restoration side of things, what would be the reasoning for painting the car, but not the underside of the hood, trunk lid, or inside the trunk? This doesn't make sense to me. It makes me think that someone slapped a quick paint job on it to try to get more $ out of it (along with the fact that there is not vin or fender tag) and the actually quality of the car is suspect, or is there any legitimate reasons I might not be thinking of? Also, I don't get how some of the underside is solid black and then other parts are completely rusted out. It looks like they are trying to cover up under body rust issues, would I be correct in my thinking? If that is correct why would you ever leave all the other rusty parts, like exhaust and leaf springs?

Last edited:

djais1801

Reaction score
Just wondering as I am learning on the restoration side of things, what would be the reasoning for painting the car, but not the underside of the hood, trunk lid, or inside the trunk? This doesn't make sense to me. It makes me think that someone slapped a quick paint job on it to try to get more $ out of it (along with the fact that there is not vin or fender tag) and the actually quality of the car is suspect, or is there any legitimate reasons I might not be thinking of? Also, I don't get how some of the underside is solid black and then other parts are completely rusted out. It looks like they are trying to cover up under body rust issues, would I be correct in my thinking? If that is correct why would you ever leave all the other rusty parts, like exhaust and leaf springs?

yes...quick flip, lipstick on a pig...also some GM guys don't know that Mopars had the engine bay/trunk painted body color

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
all of your reasons could be the answer.
or maybe lost interest in finishing, lack of money,or other personal reasons. my car has been in primer for four years now because the friend doing the work was diagnoised with COPD and couldn't finish it. Then my youngest started college,my work schedule changed, and car got bumped down on the priority list.
this may be a good car, but I would definitely want to see it in person, check with the local DMV and mine before I would even consider laying any money down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back