• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 RR Pkg Tray Repair

SgtLee511

Reaction score
I needed to get away from the sore looser mentality out there on the news,(Cry Babies) so I spent the last two afternoon doing some package Tray Repair, the roof of a, well I'm sorry to say, the roof of a 72 340 Demon has found its way into many parts of my 69 roadrunner. Heres an example

PKG TRAY REPAIR.jpg

Pkg1Repair.jpg

SgtLee511

Reaction score
Moved on with the bird package tray is now in, looked like Im building a Frankinstein bird, Ive purchased my window corners, trunk gutters etc, getting closer to her tail

PKG2.jpg

PKG Tray3.jpg

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Hello Sgt. now that's a good welding job. What I want to know dose the package tray lip go over the filler panel or the other way. I have a big hole where all of that was previously. As you know that is where all of these car's rotted out. I mean I is gone clean to the roof pillar's package tray rotted away from the trunk support's also so give us all the pic's you can thanks. I also am going to post pic's as I go along and making a video to help other's like my self. Well good to learn from a pro.:worship:

SgtLee511

Reaction score
Filler panel sits onto the package tray, if your looking at my pic, youll see the curved new black piece I just welded down onto the package tray, I had it all mocked up together, but forgot to take a pic of it, or its on a different camera i will check or mock up for you again

SgtLee511

Reaction score
That filler panel lip mates up with that lower rear window frame I installed, If Im thinking right and its midnight here, it actually buts up to the lower frame so together it makes up the area for the glass to sit down onto the lower frame.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Think I got it now then the filler panel goes on top of that. Well May be just wait for more pic's. I just ordered that spot welding tip for my tig from East Wood have you ever used one of these or just drill holes for the spot weld. Thanks for the pic's.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Ok I am going to put these in my picture's on my computer that look's good pricey isn't the word for it I asked Auto body specialty's if they had a whole body. Ha. Ha. When you put that peace in on top of the package tray I noticed their was a gap on each side they told me I needed the window filler corner's then maybe it will make sense to me in that area. Thought the finder might have that part covered but haven't bought my rear fender's yet. That will be next month when I get some more money. Thanks for the info it all help's.

SgtLee511

Reaction score
T7 69 Filler panel In!

My son n law got up bright and early and put in my filler panel for me, not easy to get in there and weld, I certainly feel the old bones creak and the eye sight goes. Heres a couple new pics, plan is to do my window corners this coming weekend,

FP top.jpg

FP side2.jpg

FP side.jpg

Back