• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69RR Lower Control Arms / Strut Rods

TOMRR

Reaction score
At this time there is no motor in car and all new front parts When should I tighten the lower control arm bolts when motor is in in car or does it matter ?? What would be the torque on those ??
Also the strut rod front and back bolts I was told after the motor is installed to adjust ride height and then torque the strut rod nuts .What would be the torque on them and does it mater which to do first front or back ??

Thanks Tom C.

quikbird

Reaction score
tom I don't remember the lower control arm having any bolts. it has the pivot arm and the torsion bar and that's about it. the adjuster for the torsion bar and the one end of the strut rod is about all the connections aside from the spindle.
I personally would set about 3-4 turns on the torsion bar adjusters, install the engine, and then torque the strut rod. specs on that should be in the fsm which is here on the site.
ps I assumed the spindle was already connected.

TOMRR

Reaction score
Yes the lower control in the front that it pivots on there's a nut

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Don't tighten them until the ride hight is set or you will have a car that keeps dropping as it tears the bushings up.

TOMRR

Reaction score
Don't tighten them until the ride hight is set or you will have a car that keeps dropping as it tears the bushings up.
So install motor adjust ride height and then tighten strut rods and lower control arm nuts

TOMRR

Reaction score
Does any one know the Torque setting for the front and rear nuts on the strut rods and also the pivot bolt on the lower control arms 69RR

Thanks Tom C.

Back