• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

7 Years Ago Today....

dobie

Reaction score
Or from what I can tell anyways....I bought my Road Runner. I found it in early April 2006 at a local auto salvage place while on a call there. It was entirely covered in snow, but I knew it was something cool. I really didn't have any knowledge at the time regarding these old cars. My only experience was with my then father in law and seeing his 2 tucked away in his garage. I went back and looked the next day after the snow melted and saw it was a Road Runner. I dragged the wife up there a few days later, and according to the BMV receipt of title, she was purchased on 04-18-2006.

I dont think Ive posted these before. I'll add more as I get some time, but these were taken on the lot before I bought it.

:cheers:

1-28_zps82d8c32e.jpg
2-35_zpsc349ba55.jpg
3-36_zpsb65a961e.jpg
4-32_zps286f1666.jpg
5-5_zps4c4dc8ad.jpg
6-4_zps54078eb0.jpg
7-16_zps50b4465e.jpg
8-13_zps52ceaa10.jpg

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
:cheers: She has come along way Steve. The bumper on the ground looks like a trophy from a past race it won :lol:

V269

Reaction score
Cool, I like seeing original pics of cars before they are bought. A great reminder of all the hard work we put into our car's. Look's like a nice little Duster drag car beside it too. :thumbsup:

dobie

Reaction score
Thanks guys. It really is pretty cool to look back thru the pictures.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Very cool stuff indeed, Steve! :cheers:

You can probably sell that old dash pad to Basketcase; he likes green things... :basketcase:

:jester:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Very cool stuff indeed, Steve! :cheers:

You can probably sell that old dash pad to Basketcase; he likes green things... :basketcase:

says the man with grren thing in his garage("but those are my wife's) :bs: :bart:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
You've done a great job on her Steve! You sure you don't want to bring it to Carlisle this year??? :D

dobie

Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
You've done a great job on her Steve! You sure you don't want to bring it to Carlisle this year??? :D

Thanks! Well, I really do. I just think it'll be too confusing this year with the whole family going at separate times to separate places. My parents are going a day early with my daughter to go to Hershey's Chocolate World. Then everyone will be at Hershey Park on Friday and Saturday. On Sunday my aunt and uncle are leaving to go home, along with my parents. Courtney, the kids, and I are gonna head down to Gettysburg early Sunday so they can see the sights down there.

If I had my own trailer, I might consider it. Trust me though, ever since 2005 (my first Carlisle) its been a dream of mine to drive my car there.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
I see it has the optional passenger side Hurst floor shifter :jester:

Stock transfer case lever location on a '68... :basketcase:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
dobie said:
Roadcuda said:

Thanks! Well, I really do. I just think it'll be too confusing this year with the whole family going at separate times to separate places. My parents are going a day early with my daughter to go to Hershey's Chocolate World. Then everyone will be at Hershey Park on Friday and Saturday. On Sunday my aunt and uncle are leaving to go home, along with my parents. Courtney, the kids, and I are gonna head down to Gettysburg early Sunday so they can see the sights down there.

If I had my own trailer, I might consider it. Trust me though, ever since 2005 (my first Carlisle) its been a dream of mine to drive my car there.

I know what you mean Steve. It will be 7 years next month that I've had my car now. And I too had been wanting to take it to Carlisle which I finally did of course last year. Drove it 300 miles one way, in that heat, with no problems. So it can be done, you're about the same distance aren't you? My friend and I are still looking for a trailer so if we find one it will go down on it this year. If we don't find one then I know it will make it on it's own again. At this point in time I don't think I'll have it there next year since it's the 50th anniversary of Barracuda I'm thinking I'll bring my '64 Cuda instead!

Back