• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'70 RR Factory AM radio w/Front speaker

RR383

Reaction score
Alright broke out my real nice laminated color wiring schematic from www.ClassicCarWiring.com to locate electrical feed to my radio. Note, the '70 only has a 5 fuse block...although this diagram is showing a sixth. When I had the panel exposed behind the cardboard door in the glove box there was on spot beyond my reach to the left that could be the sixth fuse but isn't readily accessible.
Anyway, the radio isn't working. What typical goes out with these units?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
"What typical goes out with these units?" The radio. Pull the plug and test for voltage with the key on also check the ground.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Yes, solid state, no tubes.

If you decide the radio is at fault, or you want something more than AM, send it to this guy for an upgrade. There's others doing the same conversion, but everyone that has used him has been happy.

http://taymanelectrical.com/stereo.htm

RR383

Reaction score
Thanks for the lead. Sure would be nice to have the original radio upgraded to FM.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
That brings back memories of the old FM converters. I hacked into more than one wiring harness installing those. :lol:

RR Bob

Reaction score
I am in the market for a Roadrunner radio myself. Has anyone heard the difference between a Custom Autosound and Antique Automobile Radio? Is one better than the other when it comes to the actual sound? I know the Antique Automobile Radio looks more like the original. Thanks in advance.

RR383

Reaction score
I am in the market for a Roadrunner radio myself. Has anyone heard the difference between a Custom Autosound and Antique Automobile Radio? Is one better than the other when it comes to the actual sound? I know the Antique Automobile Radio looks more like the original. Thanks in advance.

Nice to hear there are options out there...

Back