• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 RR Headliner...looks tuff!

69B7RR

Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time to put this together. It will definitely be a guide when I, and I’m sure others, attempt a headliner installation. If u don’t mind, could u explain how u did the sail panels. Also, I see remnants of my old headliner attached to the 6 L-shaped rectangular brackets next to the upper windshield frame. How do u attach the headliner to these brackets, or do u? Thanks Jim

Last edited:

RGAZ

Reaction score
If, theoretically, you had all the bows but not know the order, how would you figure out where they go? Are they different enough that if you just tried to put each one on it either fits or doesn't?

I ask because I have two roofs and the headliner bows are now mixed up. I have the opportunity now to "test fit" each bow in each spot if it will give me the answer.

Thoughts?

RGAZ

RonLiv

Reaction score
Did mine by my self. Start at the back. Make sure you have the bow attaching wire's at the back. Lots of clothes pin's and some of those tent clamps I call them form Harbor freight. Might want to let it hang a day once you get it to the front and pulled the sides. Do have to cut at the curved edges in the back window. Their is some U tube video's on the net for b bodies. Don't get frustrated walk away and come back. View attachment 33622 View attachment 33623 View attachment 33624 Use a heat gun or hair dryer to get the wrinkles out or sag's if you have any. Don't get it too hot keep moving the gun or dryer.
And the wifey screams: "RUSSELL, Have you seen my clothes pins!"

Plybeep68

Acceleratii Incredibus
Reaction score
Rgaz, when I did mine year one actually had the color codes/placement listed either in there catalog or website, that was 20 years ago tho

RGAZ

Reaction score
Yes I think that might help. The front three get slightly shorter as you get close? Am I seeing that right?

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
shortest one all the way to the front. Should have take better pic's but they where numbered they where new ones. Hope this helped you out RGAZ. Don't for get to cut an an angle on the end's where the rod's come through. Think Legendary has a video also on installing the head liner might take a look. Russ.

Back