• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70console wiring woe's

moparstuart

Reaction score
i have ordered two used harnesses from the console over to the rocker and up to the front kick panel area

i must have the wrong harneesss in my console it self because these are not working 9plugging it right)

anyone have a wirung diagram picture s ?? any help

hornyDSCN127116.JPG

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You must have posted this in error as you're always telling us how the '70's are the perfect automobile...
:basketcase:

:jester:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Might have the diagrahm on "pointynosed70wingedvert.net" :jester: What is on your console? Two side lights, maybe a light at the shifter? a lighter? :nachos:

moparstuart

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Might have the diagrahm on "pointynosed70wingedvert.net" :jester: What is on your console? Two side lights, maybe a light at the shifter? a lighter? :nachos:
yes three lights
but the used factory wiring i have been getting wont plug into it ????? oh and I would imagine its the same in 69 ? same damn console

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Stuie. Mine being a 4spd is 2 wire pink and yellow. Yours would have an orange dash light wire for you girlimatic gear light and possibly a ground for that light probably black, but it seems to me they would have grounded it at the shifter. My diagram doesn't show an automatic like they weren't supposed to exist :jester:

moparstuart

Reaction score
i am now told mine has a 68 harness in the console its self ,

'68 and prior have a 6 prong plug because the back up switch is mounted to the side of the shifter mech. There would be two extra wires coming off that, violet and I believe a violet/white stripe. Starting in '69 there was no backup switch down there. It is incorporated through the newer style 3 prong neutral safety switch, thus a 4 prong connection box at the console.

moparstuart

Reaction score
moparstuart said:
i am now told mine has a 68 harness in the console its self ,

'68 and prior have a 6 prong plug because the back up switch is mounted to the side of the shifter mech. There would be two extra wires coming off that, violet and I believe a violet/white stripe. Starting in '69 there was no backup switch down there. It is incorporated through the newer style 3 prong neutral safety switch, thus a 4 prong connection box at the console.

www.70SUPERBIRDCONVERTIBLES-R-US.COM CAME THROUGH FOR ME :jester: :jester: :jester:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
sixgunrunner68 said:
Real roadrunners don't have consoles.
:acme: :lol:

Amen, brother, amen... :cheers:

I'm beginning to think we've been going about this whole "Team Thing" all wrong; maybe it's not the colors that should bind us - it's the intended usage of the cars. You know, kind of like purpose-built hot-rod strippers vs. cushy luxo-barges... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Something tells me my cranky storage facility guy out in AZ isn't gonna like this... :basketcase:

moparstuart

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
sixgunrunner68 said:

I'm beginning to think we've been going about this whole "Team Thing" all wrong; maybe it's not the colors that should bind us - it's the intended usage of the cars. You know, kind of like purpose-built hot-rod strippers vs. cushy luxo-barges... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Something tells me my cranky storage facility guy out in AZ isn't gonna like this... :basketcase:

while your purpose built stripper sit doing nothing , my cushy barg is going on the power tour this week
I drive my car and drive the hell out of it , while yours just sits :acme: :acme: :acme: :pot: :pot: :pot: :pot: :chuck: :chuck: :chuck: :chuck: :chuck:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
moparstuart said:
while your purpose built stripper sit doing nothing , my cushy barg is going on the power tour this week I drive my car and drive the hell out of it , while yours just sits

What in the hell makes you think my car just sits??? I actually had four of my old cars (Bambi included) out just last weekend getting some exercise... :loco:

But you're right about one thing - Bambi will never see the power tour. Not my thing...

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
sixgunrunner68 said:

I will just recategorize mine as a GTX-Runner :basketcase: Real muscle cars don't have A/C. Now I'm going to offend a whole different group :lmao:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
serves ya right for having one of those "off year" cars..... :acme:

sixgunrunner68

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
sixgunrunner68 said:

Good point!

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
sixgunrunner68 said:
ACME A12 said:
sixgunrunner68 said:

Good point!
I'm happy as long as the storage payments keep showing up :jester:

Back