• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 production numbers

moparchris

Reaction score
I was just reading a Mopar mag that had a curious yella Cuda 440+6 convertible. They stated that it was one of 17 Cuda converts with the 440+6 engine and that it was the only one in Curious yella. Same thing with the 71 Hemi Cuda converts. My question is this, why is the Mopar community so certain about the production number of these cars and their options? As far as I know there is no holy grail of production figures, so why is it that people are so hung up on absolute numbers why it is possible that there could be a 12th Hemicuda convert in 71? :huh:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I think it's because there are enough people out there that will believe it and that then translates into $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$! Just look at what is supposed to be the first Hemi Cuda produced that's been on Ebay that the guy is trying to get 3 million for. We all know that there are no accurate records kept on what was produced so how can we be sure that any "one of" car is really what it's claimed to be?

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
moparchris said:
My question is this, why is the Mopar community so certain about the production number of these cars and their options?

because it's on the internet....

a friend of mine has a '71 440+6 bronze 'cuda vert. has owned it since '74 IIRC...has never had the top down.... :huh:

Back