• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 Road runner tan interior

mopar jack

Reaction score
I am looking for a tan paint to make touch up repairs on my interior. Went to my local ppg paint store and tried a color match scan but it wasn't close. Any one have a good match or code for the interior paint.

droptop

Reaction score
Try Herb’s Parts. He has a very good line of interior paints and I have had very good results with them.

mopar jack

Reaction score
Good call, on Herbs parts. They show a brown for 1971 so I ordered 2 cans and shipping cost as much as the product. It will be worth it if the color is close.

mopar jack

Reaction score
Painted the console today with the brown paint from Herbs parts and the color match is great. My only issue is that the paint instructions recommend a light mist spray with 2 or 3 coats. The spray can would spit out some drops and it showed. So I had to put it on heavier/ wet and it was ok. The temp was 85 today and that probably didn't help.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Don't you just love those spray can's. Can't say why they do that except that the stuff has been around a long time. That is what I think. Gotten spray can's of paint that would not even work. Changed tip's. Tried Lacquer thinner on the nozzle to see if it was the problem. Glad you got it to work for you. Let's see how it turned out. :thumbsup2:

mopar jack

Reaction score
20190826_123723.jpg 20190826_123804.jpg 20190826_123723.jpg 20190826_123804.jpg 20190826_123822.jpg Here is a couple pics in the car but not bolted down. I haven't mounted the brackets yet. The hinge covers came out great.

dmartin

Reaction score
Good job there Jack! It’s always a good thing when you can save a buck or too

mopar jack

Reaction score
droptop, The carpet is fairly new and will stay black. While this car should probably have a brown carpet according Galin Govier. He researched the car in 1994 for free when he was getting started and stated a black carpet would be listed as 2 tone on the build sheet. I believe this car left the factory with a black one as I am the second owner and when I pulled the carpet all of the factory marking and tags were on the backside along with a complete build sheet on the floor.

droptop

Reaction score
Agreed that the original color was most likely black, but would look a lot better brown to match the rest of the interior. :2cents:

mopar jack

Reaction score
When I bought the car the carpet was so faded it had a golden to brown tint look so I asked the expert Galan and he said it should be brown. Well i purchased a brown carpet from Hardins muscle car world and when I pulled the old carpet out is when I found that it was black. I installed the brown and left in in for 20 years and it didn't really impress me. Probably because every car I had prior had black carpet and if it didn't that would be one of the first changes you would make back in the day .I like the brown interior a lot but the brown carpet not so much

Back