• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'78 New Yorker

mtdrydock

Reaction score
well here are some pics of my new pride and joy. My first Big Block Mopar.

100_2777.jpg
100_2778.jpg
100_2779.jpg
100_2780.jpg
100_2781.jpg

I still hav not had a chance to poke around too much, but this next picture has me thinking the Lean Burn was replaced...
100_2782.jpg
100_2783.jpg
100_2784.jpg

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Great lookin' C-boat you have there! Have you gone for your yacht Captains license yet!!! :jester:

mtdrydock

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I thought it was well worth the $1350 I gave. Here are some updated pics. I had some directionals off my Lil Red Warlock laying in the shop collecting dust. Those are 215/75r15 up front and 275/60r15's in the back. I think they make a world of difference. Now I need some side pipes so I can burn the shit out of my legs :)

100_2785.jpg
100_2786.jpg
100_2787.jpg

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
mtdrydock said:
I still hav not had a chance to poke around too much, but this next picture has me thinking the Lean Burn was replaced...

Not sure what you were describing in this photo...

The lean burn computer is right next to the air cleaner and the master cylinder. Does the distributor have a vacuum advance? If so, then the system has been removed. If not, and the guts are still in that computer box (I do not see a ECU anywhere under the hood) then I'd be willing to bet that it is still intact and functioning. :cents:

sam z

Reaction score
Got to be honest, I like the caps and white walls in the first pic. Nice car. Got to be quiet and comfortable. My old man had a late 70's Newport. He'd be all in to it.

mtdrydock

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
mtdrydock said:

Not sure what you were describing in this photo...

The lean burn computer is right next to the air cleaner and the master cylinder. Does the distributor have a vacuum advance? If so, then the system has been removed. If not, and the guts are still in that computer box (I do not see a ECU anywhere under the hood) then I'd be willing to bet that it is still intact and functioning. :cents:

You are right. I didn't think it would have a ballast resistor. But the lean burn is intact. I'll get that swapped soon.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I had a neighbor with a Lebaron 318 lean burn and the crazy thing went 325000 miles and was using some oil but had never been touched other than oil changes and tune ups, and he sold it as a running car!

Roadcuda

Reaction score
sam z said:
Got to be honest, I like the caps and white walls in the first pic. Nice car. Got to be quiet and comfortable. My old man had a late 70's Newport. He'd be all in to it.
I agree with you on the wheels Sam. On this car the original set up looks better. Are those seats as comfortable as they look?

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
man that car is sweet! I'd drive the wheels of it.I prefer the hubcaps too, but the wheels look good as well. If you decide not to stick the caps back on, they'd look pretty good on my truck.... :cheers:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
very nice and its blue too.....all the girls will be dropping there panties to get a ride in the back seat too :D

moparstuart

Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
sam z said:
I agree with you on the wheels Sam. On this car the original set up looks better. Are those seats as comfortable as they look?
i agree original wheels look great on the car

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
That was from back when they sold cars by the yard!

Oh and keep whatever wheels you like!!! It's your car!

sam z

Reaction score
John's right of course, its all yours, do as you like....however...a big late 60's convertible caddy
(light blue as well) passed my house around and hour ago. Had the caps and white walls and it
looked sharp.

Enjoy...my dad would be jealous.

Tell you what I'd like...an early 70's convertible Fury. Gorgeous car, would be a pleasure to drive.

mtdrydock

Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
very nice and its blue too.....all the girls will be dropping there panties to get a ride in the back seat too :D

I got married too soon!

I am keeping the stock wheels for shows and such. This thing is a survivor for sure. But I like the agressive look the fat rear tires give this beast for everyday driving. What you can't see in the pictures is how well those 275's fill up that wheel well. Where the body rolls in under the rear door all you can see is 11' if meat.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No doubt about it; that is one cool ride. I would give $1,350 for that all day long... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Back