• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

950 Holley

RKNRLR

Reaction score
Just about to get my engine back in the RR, and the bloke who's doing all the nitty gritty for me has recommended a 950 Holley 4-banger (a slight upgrade from the 850 Edelbrock that was on there).

Anyone run this before? I'm not loyal to either brand, just interested to know anyone's thoughts. I'll be running my 4-speed 440 with a .545 Comp cam, forged pistons, aluminium heads, so should put decent numbers out.

Any words of wisdom or videos of burnouts much appreciated!

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
The only 950 I ran was the old Holley 3 bbl on a very hot 383 in a small light car. In other words no I can't help you :lol:

Goon

Reaction score
I had a 383 before, I believe with a 750. I think you'll need the 950 with those heads & cam set-up. I think yours is a hydraulic. My cam is only a .525 lift, mechanical. I was also looking at CompCams web site, usually under specs it tells you what size stall to use as well as gears, what compression pistons & what size carb, but yours doesn't say anything about a carb, I would shoot them an e-mail.

Last edited:
Back