• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A-12 bee found sitting out in plain sight

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not an A12.

Those hood hinges and scalp remover are kind of a dead give-away... :lmao:

:jester:
ACME

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Plymouthfan said:
Hmmm.... I'd like to see where this goes.

It is already a point of discussion over on the A12 website. Our own Big even chimed in pointing out that there was an "H" previously reported in the VIN. As for my initial comments, I was just having some fun with the fact that if it is an A12 it is missing its most identifiable attribute... :D

As mentioned on the A12 website, it would be nice to see a clear, complete shot of the fender tag. Visible are the codes for the radiator and Dana, but a complete shot would be nice. Also, the "153 6-pack Super Bees" he's referring to are only the automatic coupes. A total of 420 M code Bee coupes were built - and another 1,487 hardtops...

But you're absolutely right; It will be interesting to see where this goes...might turn out that the car was stolen at some point and stripped of its drivetrain...who knows?

Plymouthfan

Reaction score
Yeah, I was more referring to other sites... I can't see it going too far here. I'm sure the A12 guys are all over it and the experts at Moparts will have a field day too, LOL.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
I have seen A-12s that have been changed for one reason or another. I got a hood once from a guy that had done a switch for a customer. The customer wanted a 4bbl carb and a steel hood because he was tired of screwing around with everything. I think the Dana was swapped out in that car too...

I don't know if that car is a real A-12 or not... I kinda doubt it.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
whatever it happens to Bee( :D ) glad to see another pulled from a slow death.Thanks for sharing!

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Plymouthfan said:
Yeah, I was more referring to other sites... I can't see it going too far here. I'm sure the A12 guys are all over it and the experts at Moparts will have a field day too, LOL.
Moparts has experts? :eek: :huh: :crazy:

droptop

Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
Plymouthfan said:

Yeah, just ask them.....

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
droptop said:
Roadcuda said:
Plymouthfan said:

Yeah, just ask them.....

:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
yeah, and once in a while they even talk about cars! The truck fourm seems to be a lot better than the general.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
yeah, and once in a while they even talk about cars! The truck fourm seems to be a lot better than the general.
Tom just put up a post saying that he thinks that the talk has started to stray a bit too much away from cars. He thinks that there is too much talk about religion, guns, politics, and othere non car stuff. He's asking that it stays car oriented. Some guys complained, and others said that it is his site and he can set the rules on what the topics are. This should be fun to watch.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I get on the O Gauge Railroad Magazine Fourm. It states that posts are to be train related period. Politics, etc usually get deleted pretty quick.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
Basketcase said:
Tom just put up a post saying that he thinks that the talk has started to stray a bit too much away from cars. He thinks that there is too much talk about religion, guns, politics, and othere non car stuff. He's asking that it stays car oriented. Some guys complained, and others said that it is his site and he can set the rules on what the topics are. This should be fun to watch.

My philosophy with this forum and anything car related is pretty simple... You get together because of the cars, but you make friends and talk about "stuff", not just cars. Personally, I would find it boring just to talk about the cars and nothing else. The politics/religion/guns topics can get pretty heated, but only if you let it.

It is his site.. he has the right to run it the way he sees fit. He has to answer to his advertisers though and that's always something to remember. I saw something very similar happen to the big Corvette forum... just before it was sold to Internet Brands.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:

Kind of shame that Big runs this site the same way. We can't talk about ANYTHING but the cars. It's a VERY Oppressive Environment... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Thanks Big! Your philosophy makes this place the absolute best!
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Pass the trail mix, and I'll take another beer while you're up...

Confederate1969

Reaction score
This site is awesome! We can get great info on our favorite car. But we also get to laugh about yellow snow balls and rampant home depot wallet thefts. Best of all, no one's a hot head about anything the way it gets nasty on other sites.

:cheers: :banana:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Confederate1969 said:
This site is awesome! We can get great info on our favorite car. But we also get to laugh about yellow snow balls and rampant home depot wallet thefts. Best of all, no one's a hot head about anything the way it gets nasty on other sites.

:cheers: :banana:
Thats where I draw the line :chuck: When did the snow balls go yellow :lock:

Back