• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A "73" Challenger w/360ci.

woodwiz

Reaction score
Anybody have some insight on the 360 motors that went in the 70's Mopars,challengers,cuda's,RR's?

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What do you want to know specifically...?

Cast cranks. 360 main journals are larger than 273/318/340 which were all available with forged steel cranks. No crank interchangeability. Most everything else interchanges. Without knowing what your are looking for specifically I'm not diving into the weeds on this subject.

360 was introduced in 1971 as a non-performance two-barrel engine. Only after the EPA/insurance industry/and the rest of them killed the original musclecar movement did the 360 become the top dog small block after the 340 was phased out in 1973. A 360 was not originally available in a '73 Challenger as the 340 was still available. 360 in a Challenger came in 1974. E58 was the performance version of the 360.

I'm a 340 guy. Always have been. Dedicated high-performance engine. Bigger bore, shorter stroke, better internals from the factory. Which is not to say that you cannot make a 360 a screamer - you certainly can if you throw enough aftermarket parts at them. I just prefer them in trucks and vans... :D

Back