• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A buddies Plymouth

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
A friend of mine is in the middle of a really nice project. It was his dads business coupe thats been slightly modified with a twin turbo 440. And I will add pics after John makes room for more :popcorn: :lol:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, while we're providing updates on projects and not posting any pics I have one too. Took the day off (originally so I could go to Columbus... :brickwall: ) so I ran some errands this morning (registration renewal time due to Wednesday's "Big Celebration"... :lol: ) and headed out to the garage after lunch. Been ignoring my only back-halved car for several months so I dumped some fresh gas in it, charged up the battery (turned out to be deader than a door nail), changed the battery, charged that one up, pulled the hood off, performed a general check-up, and then proceeded to fire that b*tch off. You forget how loud some cars are if you're not starting them up all the time. Well, 3" tubes and 2-chamber Flowmasters make a BUNCH of noise... :yesnod:

I'm planning on doing a little garage clean-up tomorrow (so I can get my SS/T back inside) as I have Malibu pieces/parts taking up three bays and I'm sure that I can pare that down a bit with a little effort...so I'll plan on taking some pictures tomorrow while all the cars are out in the yard...

:jester:
ACME

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
...the induction system is IMPRESSIVE...to say the least... Please get some more photos of the turbo routing...

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:jester:
ACME

Roadcuda

Reaction score
That's a great lookin' car Bob. Were there a lot of modifications made to the body? That car looks to be a late 30s or very early 40s. And to be honest it looks to me to be more of a Ford heritage then it does Plymouth. The grill looks to be from a Zepher. My first antique car was a '41 Plymouth, and their grills don't slope upwards like this one does. At the top they are parallel to the bumper and I don't really see that style here. I'm not nit picking, just curious. It's still a great car though. :thumbsup:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
That's a great lookin' car Bob. Were there a lot of modifications made to the body? That car looks to be a late 30s or very early 40s. And to be honest it looks to me to be more of a Ford heritage then it does Plymouth. The grill looks to be from a Zepher. My first antique car was a '41 Plymouth, and their grills don't slope upwards like this one does. At the top they are parallel to the bumper and I don't really see that style here. I'm not nit picking, just curious. It's still a great car though. :thumbsup:
There is a large amount of body work to get that grill to work and Caddy tail lights I'm waiting on more pics!

Back