• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A/C question

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
So.... I'm looking at another car. A Mopar.

The A/C has been removed from the engine though. The evaporator is still there and there's a condenser for the car. All the rest is missing. No hoses, compressor etc.

I'd really like a car with air. I'll admit it, I'm spoiled.

Without spending a lot of $$, (I'm cheap too) I like to get the air up and running.

I'm thinking a modern Sanden compressor with new hoses and R134a refrigerant.

Anyone done this??? Any other thoughts?

Big John

Reaction score
moparchris said:
Is it a big block? If it is I have everything you need minus hoses.

Yes, it is.

Big John

Reaction score
RB.

Right now I'm just looking. I had a couple things going on, including one non Mopar but the deals just weren't right. This car has been owned by a good friend of mine for a while now. I really need to look at the car a little closer and drive it before I pull the trigger.

If I decide, I'll post some pictures... but right now I'd prefer to hold the cards a little close to my vest. I think a couple guys on the forum may even recognize the car. It's not a Roadrunner, I'll tell you that.

I decided to sell the Corvette. Mrs. Big John is having some really bad back problems and she can't get in and out of the Corvette very well. Things are under control and she's getting better, but I see this will be an ongoing "issue". The car is a lot of fun, but it's no where near as much fun without her in the passenger seat.

The problem is the market fell out from under the C-4 Corvettes now that the C-7 is here.

With that car gone and the '53 still needing to be finished, I'd like something fun for the summer.

A31PKG

Reaction score
Been working with the Sanden compressor exclusively for the past 21 years. None better. Hopefully the condenser & evap were properly cleaned and sealed prior to system removal...otherwise I would not consider re-using them. The dryer should also be replaced regardless.

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
I miss my C4 alot , I liked it so much I kept it longer than I should have and lost quite a bit on it too but the time with it was worth it.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Big John said:
RB.

If I decide, I'll post some pictures... but right now I'd prefer to hold the cards a little close to my vest. I think a couple guys on the forum may even recognize the car. It's not a Roadrunner, I'll tell you that.

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Big John

Reaction score
I pulled the trigger.......

I'll start a new thread.

Back