• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A/C

Mateya

Reaction score
How many of you have A/C in your roadrunner? I was not planning on putting in A/C but wanted to ask those of you who drive your car in the summer. Is it worth putting in or no?

Are there any aftermarket cooling units you can put in the car to make it comfortable?

Might be overthinking things but wanted to see what you guys do.

Thanks

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
I am putting an after market on in mine. It get's rid of all the cables. It fly's by wire. Classic Air makes it. You don't have to cut your glove box down. It was simple to install. Vent's are under dash. Cools the air inside the car. Also has heat. Check them out.

Zizzinator

Reaction score
A/C is great if you're in hotter areas and are looking for a nice comfortable cruise. I wanted to put A/C in mine, but at the time Classic Air didn't have the set-up they do now, so I just opened the windows and drove faster!
if you have the room under the hood and are tired of sticking to sweaty vinyl seats, definitely get the air

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
A/C is great if you're in hotter areas and are looking for a nice comfortable cruise. I wanted to put A/C in mine, but at the time Classic Air didn't have the set-up they do now, so I just opened the windows and drove faster!
if you have the room under the hood and are tired of sticking to sweaty vinyl seats, definitely get the air
Their is no box under the hood. Every thing is under the dash. Simple hook up. No cables. Every thing done by electric.

Mateya

Reaction score
Classic Air is the kit with everything under the dash? I don't want to get into installing anything under the hood.

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
Only their heater box goes under the dash, in the place of the stock heater box. You will have the compressor, associated lines, and the rest under the hood.
38EE6A76-25ED-4AD3-B44F-B94C45194623.jpeg

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Their is a block off plate for that fresh air vent where the a/c is mounted. Have to drill some hole's in the fire wall as per direction's. Went in easy. Made a bracket to hold the box up on the right side instead of drilling or putting a screw in the lower cowl. Hope you can make it out in the picture. IMG_0105.JPG

Back