• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A couple parts questions. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJRJR

Reaction score
Hey guys, just got back from seeing my project in person and it looks great. The Q5 looks amazing in the sun.

Anyway, a couple questions:

1) Body guys says we need the windshield wiper pivot arm assembly. Not sure if it's the right name I'm calling it; but apparently the arms that turn the wipers are frozen. Not sure if that's an item I can get aftermarket or not, but any help appreciate.

2) He also told me I may want to go with the Rally Dash instrument cluster. He is pretty sure it bolts right into where the other one was. Is that something I can buy new? If so, where should I get it. I hear that cluster has a tach and other guages that the standard cluster doesn't have. Any thoughts?

Thanks guys. There's a Mopar Swap Meet January 21 in Melbourne, FL that I plan on goiing to. Maybe I'll see some of you there.

Best,

John

JJRJR

Reaction score
I agree, I'd want to keep the original instrument cluster. Not crazy about the stock tach, too small to be very useful. Can I buy a new instrument panel since the one I have is 42 years old and sure that the guages won't be in great shape.

Thanks,

John

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
The Rallye dash won't fit anyway. The lower dash pad is different.

You do have another choice though. The 68-69 GTX (also used in the 68 RT) has a slightly different 150 MPH speedometer. There are people that restore the clusters too.

mac

What ?
Reaction score
you can get a seal kit for the pivot arm assembly. get the seal kit. apply a little heat to get the pivots moving and the seal kit kit comes with grease fitting you install. pump some grease in and you should be good to go.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
l was gonna add sumthln to thls...but after my head golng left and rlght fer an hour for some reason l can't remember what lt was....... :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back