• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A few more pics.

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
cool.....what really kills me is when these guys go out a buy a new viper or challenger and show them in a show.....anybody can do that its when you spend years restoring your car,,,the blood,sweat and money you put in your car....your proud of what you did

Roadcuda

Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
cool.....what really kills me is when these guys go out a buy a new viper or challenger and show them in a show.....anybody can do that its when you spend years restoring your car,,,the blood,sweat and money you put in your car....your proud of what you did
Actually the Viper, an '04 that he recently bought, is owned by the next door neighbor of the guy who runs the show. Before this, he was always driving his wifes late model Mustang. So this is a step up for him. As for the Challengers, it was nice to see them when they first came out, and it still is. But, as much as I like them, it's almost just like another new car model. Someone even commented last night that between the Challengers and Chargers, he hoped that this cruise dosen't become more of a new car show instead of the traditional old muscle car show that's made it well known in this area.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
george68hemirr said:
Actually the Viper, an '04 that he recently bought, is owned by the next door neighbor of the guy who runs the show. Before this, he was always driving his wifes late model Mustang. So this is a step up for him. As for the Challengers, it was nice to see them when they first came out, and it still is. But, as much as I like them, it's almost just like another new car model. Someone even commented last night that between the Challengers and Chargers, he hoped that this cruise dosen't become more of a new car show instead of the traditional old muscle car show that's made it well known in this area.

Yeah... but... Go back to the drive ins of the sixties and seventies and you'll find new cars (now our old cars) mixed in with the fifties and older cars.

While the older muscle cars are great, less and less of them come out anymore. Every year more cars become garage and trailer queens. If the pollen count is too high, then the car doesn't come out of its protective cocoon.

I really don't care for the new Challengers or Chargers (or a lot of other new cars), but that's my opinion. You have to give these guys some credit though. It was guys like them that bought our Roadrunners brand new and showed them off, raced them and had a ball doing it forty years ago. Not every one can build an old car.. and many don't want to put up with 40 year old cars that don't have a/c and stereos or handle, brake and ride like one of the new cars.

You gotta give them a place to enjoy their cars too... Those are going to be the cars our grandkids talk about on forums in thirty years.

Confederate1969

Reaction score
These new Challengers out now are going to be what we wish we had bought 30-40 years from now. A $3k RR in 1969 is roughly $17.7k in today's money, which I could have afforded. But these Challengers are twice that (for all models except the 3.5L SE) and makes it very unattainable for a guy like me. Next year, if Chrysler isn't gone yet, my wife and I have talked about biting the bullet and getting one of the 5.7L Hemi Challengers. It ain't the SRT8... but the 6.1L Hemi is only a 50hp boost over the 5.7L but at a cost of 10k more. So I can do without it. I'm just gonna order one with absolutely no bells or whistles, just to get the drive train to get the price down.

We'll see what happens.

And for what it's worth, my RR won't be a trailor queen. I'm gonna tear up the roads with it. :drive: :devil:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I agree with what you are saying Big. I do like seeing the newer cars there. But I think the thought is that in the end we'd rather see more of the 40 year old cars there. The new cars don't change that much from year to year. At least with the older cars you do see the difference in each year car. To me that makes it more interesting, to see the same model of car and see how it changes from year to year, then to see a car style that dosen't change. Just take our Roadrunners, and how their styling changed during it run of production. It is quite a bit of difference in how it evolved at the end of production. As far as driving these cars, most of the guys that come here do drive their cars. There are only a few queens in the bunch, and that's more because they are special to that owner, or they are set up more as a race car then for the street. So yeah, the newer cars won't be turned away, I just hope they don't displace the older cars.

Back