• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little about my runner.

hemi67s

Reaction score
I have owned my runner 21yrs now and about 3 yrs ago decided to re-build it from the chassis up. New front end, new S60 rear end, new engine, re built the 833, new Ram force 10.5 clutch,aluminum flywheel,,well you get the picture. Nothing left untouched. So here are some pics.

the engine is a 499ci. makes 645HP and 606TQ on motor only. It going to get a 150 shot.

DSC_0102.jpg

one more
DSC_0103.jpg

hemi67s

Reaction score
The body I did in electric blue, it's a 07 Dodge color, I really don't like chrome so as you can see I painted it all black.

DSC_0205.jpg

DSC_0414.jpg

hemi67s

Reaction score
I have been doing some of the last little things left on it, should fire it up late spring/early summer. Waiting on my driveshaft from strange, figure stick car and the amount of HP get one that with hold up, so I had a chrome moly shaft built. Still want to lower the rear end about an 1in,,maybe 2in yet. Need to wire up the ignition yet, going to have most of it where the heater box use to be. The nitrous I won't worry about till fall. Then next winter I want to put manual disc brakes with drop spindles to gain some more adj. back in my torsion bars. I have the front end set low now and it's getting to the point where the front end is losing it's spring '' torsion adj.'' i am around 3/4 from the bump stops. I have done a ton of work to it and have a lot left because they are never truely ever done. But it's to the point now where whats left can be done next winter, time to see what the runner will do!

hemi67s

Reaction score
chapdog105 said:
Cool car!
I ordered a Strange S60 for my 69 RR vert. It is being delivered this week!
Thanks, Did you have a 8 3/4 in your car before. Only reason I am asking is because your old drive shaft will be to long with a S60.

moparstuart

Reaction score
hemi67s said:
I have owned my runner 21yrs now and about 3 yrs ago decided to re-build it from the chassis up. New front end, new S60 rear end, new engine, re built the 833, new Ram force 10.5 clutch,aluminum flywheel,,well you get the picture. Nothing left untouched. So here are some pics.

the engine is a 499ci. makes 645HP and 606TQ on motor only. It going to get a 150 shot.

DSC_0102.jpg

one more
DSC_0103.jpg

those quick time bell housings are the shit and rock solid

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
not bad...for a Blue car... :jester: :jester: awsome job! :thumbsup:

cj69RR

Reaction score
That's a cool runner! Looks like the blue that mine had on it in the 80's and sported that till 2007. Love the black out trim also. Keep us posted on when it's finished up. Should run some strong numbers!!

chapdog105

Reaction score
hemi67s said:
chapdog105 said:
Cool car!
Thanks, Did you have a 8 3/4 in your car before. Only reason I am asking is because your old drive shaft will be to long with a S60.

I keep reading differing opinions on this. Some guys have said they've made it work, others say it's about too long by 1 1/8 inch. What was your experience and how did you adjust for it?

hemi67s

Reaction score
chapdog105 said:
hemi67s said:
chapdog105 said:
Cool car!

I keep reading differing opinions on this. Some guys have said they've made it work, others say it's about too long by 1 1/8 inch. What was your experience and how did you adjust for it?

It is just flat out to long,, sucks because i had already put in some new spicer joints. What I did is take some measurements and called Strange and had a drive shaft built, should be here tomorrow. Figure might as well upgrade to something that can handle some power. The one I got cost $498 plus shipping. Thats for the shaft,joints and trans yoke. But I did upgrade to a chrome-moly shaft. If it shows up tomorrow I can give you the measurements if you wish.

hemi67s

Reaction score
moparstuart said:
those quick time bell housings are the shit and rock solid
The only bad thing is the bracket for the ball stud, the hole is not in the right location, so I need to take my Z-bar out and mark the bracket for a hole to mount the ball stud to. And of couse the starter bolts to it so i get to drop it again also. LOL!! Oh well its better to make it right.

Back