• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

a vicious attack by a Blue Boy

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
Sorry to see the damage done to the "boss's" car it can be fixed and no body was hurt.

It does suc Dave when the idiots don't give a dang anymore.

I just went thru this last sunday at a car show when a fatso planted his big fat a$$ on the Mr.Norm's Demon front fender to talk on his celphone and put dent/dings into it.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Sorry to see the damage done to the "boss's" car it can be fixed and no body was hurt.

It does suc Dave when the idiots don't give a dang anymore.

I just went thru this last sunday at a car show when a fatso planted his big fat a$$ on the Mr.Norm's Demon front fender to talk on his celphone and put dent/dings into it.
That's just another example of people having no respect for anyone else's property. If that had been my car I would and reamed him a hew one and I wouldn't really car what came out of my mouth at the time because I would have be livid. And I'll bet that he claimed that he didn't cause the damage the car!!! And guys like that give the rest of us big people a bad name by being that freakin' lazy that he can't stand up on his own. Some of you guys know how big I was and even then I would never think of leaning on someone's car!

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
Steve,

I was not at the car as I was helping my Church load up things fromthe breakfast we put on.

My buddy told me he told the knuclehead get you fat rear off that car unless it belongs to you.

Another point is I have alot of friends that are big in weight and are alot smarter then this knucklehead!:wave:

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
This will be interesting to see how non-special interest insurance companies treat classic cars although your company should do your fighting for you, hoping for the best for you

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
In my experience, you need to have collision insurance no matter who's at fault.

It's pretty much a given that the insurance companies will try to pay as little as possible if at all. At least with collision, you can get your car fixed and your insurance company has a stake in getting something from the other driver's insurance.

Been there... done that. Once without collision and I never did collect a dime and once with collision and I got my car fixed with 100% payout from the other insurance company.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
it's not just big people Steve. I've heard all kinds of stories about morons at shows, sittng on, leaning against, sitting in, or even opening the hood of someone elses car. you would think, that someone who is at a car show, is there because they appreciate the old cars, the work and $$$ that goes into some of them, and have respect for them, if for no other reason because the car they are looking at ISN:T theirs. someday, if I'm still young enough to remember what the big green thing is in my garage, I'd like to take it to a few shows, but I'll be right there with it.
we have Hagerty on the toy cars, so I would sure think a big outfit like them would be in there fighting.put an ad on the Sambia VW site, and have gotten a couple responses on parts. $250 for the fender against the $975 from the first place in California I had called, so this may not be too bad.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
just got a call from the adjuster. he's finishing the dollar figure today. He found a shop about an hour away that does nothing but VWs. Gonna try to take to car down Thursday for a look see. Hope we can get enough $ to have the whole car painted. Hate to have shiney new paint on one fender when the whole thing needs it. These old cars are giving me an ulcer.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
talked to Hagerty toady. the check is on the way. then they are going after the other guy's insurance to get their money back.
taking the Ghia to a shop about an hour from here that specialies in VWs.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
That's good news Dave! You got what you wanted and best of all you don't have the hassle of fighting with the other guys insurance co.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
not really got what I wanted...these old cars are gonna give me an ulcer!

Back