• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

a vicious attack by a Blue Boy

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
The youngest called to let me know her Mom had picked up from school, then all of a sudden there was a scream, the sound of a VW horn, and although she swears she didn't swear....I know I heard words that would make a salior blush...the Boss was at the red light, in the right lane, and a guy next to her (in a Dodge truck no less) decided he wanted to turn right as well.....

PTDC0001.jpg

PTDC0007.jpg

PTDC0018.jpg

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Thank God no one was hurt
Thanks God it wasn't worse
and Thank God Almighty I wasn't the one driving the Ghia!

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
That sucks!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
It drove home OK, so it looks like just body damage. yeah, sucks big time, but it coulda been gathering dust in the garage. she drives the wheels off this car!

Roadcuda

Reaction score
That does suck Dave! At least no one was hurt. From that overhead pic it doesn't look like it will be a simple fender swap to fix that?

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
That does suck Dave! At least no one was hurt. From that overhead pic it doesn't look like it will be a simple fender swap to fix that?

Front fenders are welded on Karman Ghias, much like a rear quarter on other cars. The good news is the metal is softer and easier to shape back if the bodyman knows his stuff.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
of course not, shoulda got her a Bug, they're all bolt on.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Front fenders are welded on Karman Ghias, much like a rear quarter on other cars. The good news is the metal is softer and easier to shape back if the bodyman knows his stuff.

better be a fantastic bodyman!

PTDC0023.jpg

PTDC0022.jpg

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Sorry to see that Dave, We have idiots doing that on left turns here as of late. A good body man can fix that!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
hope so, looks like Ghia fenders are $1000, and a front bumper (IF you can find one are $600+) and we thought mopar parts were high!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
well the adjuster just left...keeping my fingers crossed.

and here is where the car was, obvisiouly she tried to wedge in between the truck and the curb.....:brickwall: I coulda drove a semi thru there,I dunno what that moron in the truck was thinking.

IMG_20130905_151925.jpg

Last edited:

Jim S.

Reaction score
That sucks. What did the guy do? Try to beat her when the light changed or just not even see her beside him.

Back