• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A12 hood guys

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
guy on the 'parts has what he says is an AAR hood, bolt on. He is asking $350, and he's only a couple hours away. first thing I noticed is the body lines are missing in front of the scoop. second I think the hood pin holes are too far back. Doesn't look like an AAR hood to me. thoughts?
Thanks!

20120506104911.jpg

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
thanks Steve, that's what I thought. on the AAR site, the pic of the undernreath clearly shows the AAR mark like I've been told.just as well, the Hagerty renewal is due ans strange enough, it;s the same price as the hood...

John69RR

Reaction score
Dave these pics are from the LOH site. My pins are a little farther back also. The body shop removed one of the bolts that fasten to the radiator support and substituted the pin. Hope these help.

Front hood pin69RR.1.JPG

Hoodpin69RR.a.JPG

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
The hood just doesn't look right to me. I can't put my finger on it, but the scoop just looks wrong.

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
Do know to much about the glass hoods but,how old is this hood?

Could it be an eariler AAR hood?

Doesn't the AAR hood have sometype of reinforcement in the front of the scoop?

How come no front picture ?

Guys that have the AAR hood what are the thickness's of different areas and then ask the seller you want the thickness's of those area's.

:cents:

John69RR

Reaction score
Maybe it is just an optical illusion but it looks like the scoop starts closer to the back of the hood. My scoop starts at about 3.5" from the back. It must have bracing for hinges due to the lack of rear pins. Looking at the Unlimited Products website their hood looks like it does not have the bodylines. http://up22.com/road68.htm#PL-114 I would ask for a few more pictures and some more info Dave.

dutchrunner

Reaction score
It does start to far back and it's missing this "satellite" pointy flatspot in the front of the scoop.

I had 1 A12 hoop in beginning but was craked/broken after 1e drive past the 120mp/h marker on speedo.
Pulled the hoodpins right trough the hood.

Then swiched to AAR and no problems .
Could even put the windhook on the hood.

I would not take the change and just pay a bit more for a good hood AAR/Yearone.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
now he "thinks" it's an AAR from '95. Even if it is, with the missing body lines, i'm gonna pass. and he did have it bolted on. just doesn't look right. I'll hold out for an AAR.
thanks guys

Back