• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A12 hood

swe34

Reaction score
Hello I have bought one grp hood and a 6pack/6bbl scoop, and today I was going to mount the scoop on the hood. My problem is where to mount the scoop. Does anyone know the distance from the frontend of the hood to the frontend of the scoop?
Best regards/ Peter (Soon to have a A12 "lookalike" hopefully :drive: )

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
my hood is after market....the back end of the scoop is 2 inches and the front lower corners where it meets the hood is 11 3/4 on both sides which works out to center even though the engine is off set to the passengers side which shows up when i cut out the top of the scoop for my carbs....i hope this helps....see what A-12 has to say

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
George & I came up with the exact same measurement of 2" on the rear, which would be the best one to use as it is the only side with any degree of uniformity due to the shape of the scoop. I came up with 12 1/2" on the sides at the absolute front of the scoop. The front measurement is 22 3/4" from the front of the base of the scoop to the leading edge of the hood, but this is somewhat subjective due to the curvature of the front of the hood. Place it 2" away from the rear of the hood, center it in the hood from side-to-side, and you'll be good to go. :thumbsup:

:jester:
ACME

dobie

Reaction score
I have an AAR lift off hood, and it appears to be in line with the above measurements. I know it's not correct for my car, but I love the look of the 6bbl hoods!!

:cheers:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
dobie said:
I have an AAR lift off hood, and it appears to be in line with the above measurements. I know it's not correct for my car, but I love the look of the 6bbl hoods!!

As the self-appointed chairman of the A12 Hood Correctness Committee, I could cite you for this infraction - but I'm going to let you off with just a written warning this time. However, I expect you to extend the same courtesy if you happen to stumble across me doing burnouts or practicing my launch technique in the great state of Ohio...and you're on duty... :lol:

dobie

Reaction score
:lol:

Trust me, I'll be egging you on to burn 'em........

:drive:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
dobie said:
:lol:

Trust me, I'll be egging you on to burn 'em........

:drive:

that is if he's not already doing them himself.......... :drive:
Steve you get your truck figured out yet?

dobie

Reaction score

Well, kind of. I went ahead and replaced the coolant temp sensor, but I can't really tell a difference. The battery tested good, but it's marked Oct. 2006 so maybe she's not cranking at full output.

Found out I need a new radiator, and I know the front brakes need replaced. Rotors, calipers, etc.... Oh, and tire alignment, bad......

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
yeah, but at least no payments! I had one truck with the injection, had trouble with it stalling and rough running. turned out to be the electric fuel pump.

Back