• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A4 roadrunners

383a4runner

Reaction score
Mine is/was an airgrabber hood non black out hood red stripe car. I've never saw another one. Pewter interior bucket seat auto on column.

RoadRunnerJD

Reaction score
Nice! What are the options besides convertible top, air grabber and A01 light package? I guess no A/C since it has the ram air?

383a4runner

Reaction score
Nice! What are the options besides convertible top, air grabber and A01 light package? I guess no A/C since it has the ram air?

How can you tell it has the light package. If you are referring to the fender mounted turn signals you are wrong. L31 was fender turn sigs and not a part of the a01 light package. Common mistake.

RoadRunnerJD

Reaction score
How can you tell it has the light package. If you are referring to the fender mounted turn signals you are wrong. L31 was fender turn sigs and not a part of the a01 light package. Common mistake.

Sorry! Does that mean your car does not have the A01 and just had the L31? I was just curious about what options the car has? I had two RM27 69 cars and both had the A01 package. Does your car have a map light above the radio?

Last edited:

383a4runner

Reaction score
Sorry! Does that mean your car does not have the A01 and just had the L31? I was just curious about what options the car has? I had two RM27 69 cars and both had the A01 package. Does your car have a map light above the radio?

I'm not sure what all a01 included. I think it had glovebox light, map light etc.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
A01 would have a trunk, glove box, ash tray, map, and delay ignition light, fender turn signals.

Last edited:

A4572

Reaction score
Wondering if any of you have a factory a4 silver car or once owned one. Post pics if you do.

I am the original owner of a A4 383 4 speed post car. Took delivery Nov 11 1968. Had a spd of B08. St Louis car. Not sure how to post a pic,sorry.

RoadRunnerJD

Reaction score
Do you still have it and drive the car? That's awesome! Tell us more about the car? I bought a new 69 4 speed coupe in September 1969 but only kept it for 3 years. (I had bought a lift off hood RoadRunner in February of 72 and had two Runners until I sold the 383 7 months later. The 383 was a great car and I still miss it but it was essentially replaced by a black 4 speed A12 coupe.

Last edited:

RoadRunnerJD

Reaction score
Nice! I wish I had it! Very late (July 2nd) production car
A01 light package (the map/front courtesy light is standard even w/o A01 package)
A87 Road Runner Decor package, standard with convertibles
C55 Bucket seats
J25 3 Speed wipers std w/ air grabber
L31 Fender mounted turn signals (std w/ A01 package)
M21 Roof drip rail mouldings?
M25 Wide sill mouldings
M31 Belt mouldings (standard on convertibles)
N96 Fresh air hood
R11 AM radio
V7R Red accent stripes
D32 Torqueflite automatic
M6S Pewter interior (not supposed to be available in convertibles!)
Very nice special order car!

Last edited:
Back