• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A990 Intro

A990

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Ed, a newbe to this board and life long Mopar nut. I'm mostly into 62-65 B-bodies but I do have soft spot for 1st gen Roadrunners I have a 69 B7 Roadrunner thats been in the family since new. My wife just recently bought a FK5 4 speed 70 Roadrunner that we are about to restore together. I actualy registered here to see if the member Mac that restored heater boxes is sill active and still provides that service. I hope I can also help memebrs with there questions as well as I have been into restoring/racing and enjoying these cars for close to 40 years

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
He is at Carlisle but if you shoot him a PM I'm sure he will respond.

A990

Reaction score
Thank you, I can wait until he gets back we are not in that big of a hurry, Is that his name or just his handle on this board?

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Mark is his name, but just yell out to Mac. he does great work.
and let's see that runner, we love projects.

A990

Reaction score
Thanks for your welcome and interest; the wife’s car we just got is a FK5 V1X RM23 Lynch Road built car. It was bought from a friend that was the original owner whose older brother worked at the plant, and watched it go down the assembly line. Car was basically ordered as a stripper that had a few more options added when built than it was tagged for when ordered. Then “plausible deniability” of unordered options at the time of delivery and was purchased at their originally agreed price of over a thousand dollars less than the sticker, if you know how that goes. Once I got the broadcast sheet out the rear seat and compared it with old pictures he had as a Lynch Road fender tag doesn’t tell much of anything, it was blatantly evident. 383 4-speed factory N96 manual brakes manual steering. Black gut, Bucket seat with the center buddy seat armrest which is now missing in action. Car is rust free never seen snow with 32,000 original miles. It was butchered up back in the mid 70's for racing, the heater box, wiper linkage, and window regulators were taken out. The worst thing he did was cut out the inner quarter inner shells just forward of the wheelhouses and the inner shell of the passenger door. Since AMD makes reasonably priced complete door shells that was not a big deal to me. I did panic though when I pulled off the homemade "Gorilla Fur" inside trim panels to find the inside quarter metal also gone with nothing left to replace the window regulators which he still had. Lucky for us he had enough sense to keep the torched out metal so all is good. One other silly thing he did back in the day was instead of finding a flat Belvedere hood; he cut up the N96 Air Grabber hood and installed a foot tall Pro Stock hood scoop. Again AMD can fix that and I have most of the air grabber parts he saved as well. Once all the Gorilla Fur was taken off the doors, floor and trunk, I could see that this one is solid enough that it is going to get a full on rotisserie resto. Since we already have two 383 cars, a 64 4-speed Sport Fury and my 69 Torqueflite factory air 69 Roadrunner that my grandmother bought brand new, we may turn this one into a V-Code 6bbl or Hemi tribute car. The plan will be to keep the stock numbers matching drive train in a corner with a night gown on it in case we want to return it to as delivered condition. I’ve lurked on this sight for years but never signed up but here I am now, and hope to be a valuable contributor as well..........

IMG_20150703_170319702_HDR[2].jpgIMG_20150703_170529976[1].jpgIMG_20150703_170408458_HDR[1].jpg

IMG_20150703_170319702_HDR[2].jpg

IMG_20150703_170529976[1].jpg

IMG_20150703_170408458_HDR[1].jpg

Last edited:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
very nice! be sure and post the other cars too. My car came from Sterling Heights a few years back.
do you ever make to Frankenmuth?

A990

Reaction score
Yes occasionally I make it up to Frankinmuth, the car club I belong to Michigan Mopar Muscle always has a very large presence there, but I don't go every year. I probably won't go this year because we're heading out to Sturgis for the 75th annual bike rally and I'll probably be broke and out of vacation by the time I get back. Our car club does put on a very nice all Mopar show at Canterbury village out on Joslyn Road north of I-75 called Mopars at Canterbury that we used to have at Bakers in Milford coming up next week. Anyone from the southeast Michigan area is more than welcome to attend.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
never made it up for the car show..yet. when I was growing up we went up every summer for the Bavarian Festival.

Back