• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AC Swap

Paul Graham

Reaction score
My dad gave me this car when I turned 15 and it has been in storage since I was about 18. I am about to start on its restore and want to add power steering, ac, and disc brakes.
I have a AC equipped 1969 Satellite and other than having to make a template for the firewall openings will all the internal Satellite parts work in the Roadrunner for a factory style ac install?

I have all the engine brackets.

quikbird

Reaction score
should work as long as engine is the same, also remember that original ac setup was for R12 refrigerant. not available now. will need some new parts to make it work with whatever current form of freon is.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
It will cost more than a new classic or vintage air by the time you get the old stuff working unless it is the look you are after

Paul Graham

Reaction score
Last edited:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Not a bad deal. The people at Classic air are good and will help when you call. I bought the hole system for my 69 runner. I mean the hole kit inside box and all. Liked the electric switch on the dash in stead of the cables that the old system had. Hope it all work's out and see that system changes the Freon.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Back