• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aftermarket CD Players

dobie

Reaction score
Who here has one? What brand/model are you using? I don't want to cut up the dash, so I'm looking for one that fits in the factory location.

Also, what are you using for speakers? I don't want to add any in the kick panel area, unless its possible without cutting.

Thanks.

:cheers:

moparchris

Reaction score
I have Alpines in my boat, truck, motor home, golf cart, and my rare Chevelle. I actually bought speakers that fit the dash and rear speaker shelf. It sounds unbelievably good. In my opinion nothing sounds better than Alpine. They make all kinds of odd sized speakers to fit our old cars. I cut the Chevelle but if I was to put it in a car I cared about originality I would mount it under the seat and use a remote since all I use it for is my Ipod connection.

John69RR

Reaction score
I like the kick panel speaker set up. :thumbsup: I'm still running an AM/FM/Cassette player with the tape adapter that plugs into my I-Pod or a portable CD player.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
sixgunrunner68 said:
I've had my eye on that secret audio system by Classic Auto. Check it out it's pretty trick.

Real high failure rate with those units. Stay away.

peresvet24

Reaction score
I always liked the secret cd player to the dashboard was the original look but at the same time good modern cd player :beep:

MuscleCar91

Reaction score
I have a new stereo in my car, I ended up buying the face plate from Year One. Makes it look like it came this way. One of my favorite features about the cd player is I can change the color of the buttons and led screen to any color so I choose purple to match the car.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Can't really recommend a radio but 6x9 speakers will fit in the openings on the rear package tray and I assume that the '68s are the same. Also remember that today's aftermarket radios won't fit in the dash without cutting it so unless you don't mind doing that you would need to mount it under the dash. I have a 6 disk player that is under the driver's seat and hooked into the new radio from Antique Automobile Radio that i picked up at Carlisle.

Back