• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aftermarket CD Players

dobie

Reaction score
Ok. Thanks Steve. I don't want to cut the dash up. I was hoping that something would fit without cutting.

Thanks!

Roadcuda

Reaction score
dobie said:
Ok. Thanks Steve. I don't want to cut the dash up. I was hoping that something would fit without cutting.

Thanks!
Glad to help! As far as I know the only aftermarket radios that will fit the original dash are like the one I bought that were fashioned after the original thumbwheel radio. But they are big bucks. For a little less money you can send your original radio to be rebuilt with modern components that have more power and can run the new fancy music gadgets. Or you could get a multi disk cd player. I found 3 older Pioneer players, one for each of my cars. It's so much easier to have a 6 disk player in the car as I don't have to worry about changing them out all the time while driving. One disk finishes then the next one starts! Ya can't get me for distracted driving! :lmao:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No radio of any kind in Bambi - just as she was built. I just enjoy the sounds of my screaming passengers when I nail that b*tch and the front bench flies backwards and the throttle sticks wide f'n open... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I have an Alpine CD changer mounted remotely under the seat of my SS/T. Like Chris said, awsome units.
Pioneer in-dash units in the Swinger, gold Duster, and Z-28. Good stuff too. Putting one in the Z-28 was an absolute waste; that car is just too damned loud...

:jester:

V269

Reaction score
I have two tunes in my car, dual exhaust and squealing tires. That's it ! I no need no stink'in radio. :thumbsup:

MuscleCar91

Reaction score
dobie said:

Thanks!

Thats why I suggest replacing your original dash panel with this if you want a new stereo.
https://www.yearone.com/Product/1966-74 ... dy/khdb689
I'm drawing a blank on the brand of my stereo, I'll try to take a picture tomorrow to show you how it looks.

dobie

Reaction score
Well then, maybe that's a game changer....I actually have one of those that I bought several years back. Honestly, I'd rather put a new unit in the dash, without any permanent damage, as opposed to putting one under the seat or upgrading my original.

Thanks!

:cheers:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
No radio of any kind in Bambi - just as she was built. I just enjoy the sounds of my screaming passengers when I nail that b*tch and the front bench flies backwards and the throttle sticks wide f'n open... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I have an Alpine CD changer mounted remotely under the seat of my SS/T. Like Chris said, awsome units.
Pioneer in-dash units in the Swinger, gold Duster, and Z-28. Good stuff too. Putting one in the Z-28 was an absolute waste; that car is just too damned loud...

:jester:
:lol: I know I hit a high note when you nailed Bambi, we kinda had a duet going :yesnod:

Back