• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Air Grabber Tech Articles and Pictures

railrider

Reaction score
Has anyone seen a Air Grabber Tech article with lots of good pictures in the past? I bought the repop air grabber stuff and would like to see close up details so I know I am installing it all correctly. I have found a lot of pictures of it online but nothing really detailed. :beep:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I might have a picture :basketcase: There is a circle of foam rubber that goes on top that seals it to the hood, a 3/4"X3/4" self stick weather strip from a hardware store will do the trick. Take a close look as to what is riveted and screwed.

road runner 434 (Medium).jpg

road runner 433 (Medium).jpg

road runner 430 (Medium).jpg

railrider

Reaction score
Thanks that helps. The kit I bought came with outer plenums and the upper center section. It has a cable and 4 smaller rubber seals. No diagrams or instructions. I am sure I would figure it all out but seeing is a whole lot easier. I guess I still need a lower center section with the rubber seal to fit to the breather. I found one online for $100 range. Its a cool set up but expensive for no more than you get. You would think somebody would just offer a complete kit with it all ready to install and some diagrams.

railrider

Reaction score
droptop said:
Keep us posted as to how the reproduction unit fits. I have heard both good and bad. Here is what the sevice manual has.

http://www.69roadrunner.net/Tech%20Refe ... Manual.pdf

I will, I see a couple small details that are different, but I never expect a repop to be exact. Makes it nice when you buying a car and can spot them also so you don't pay MINTY original prices for them. I slid it into my hood, but until its on the car and breather in place I won't know how it fits on that end. I also have an Aluminum intake and heads. Not sure if my intake is taller than originals. Will see. :drool:

chapdog105

Reaction score
railrider said:
Thanks that helps. The kit I bought came with outer plenums and the upper center section. It has a cable and 4 smaller rubber seals. No diagrams or instructions. I am sure I would figure it all out but seeing is a whole lot easier. I guess I still need a lower center section with the rubber seal to fit to the breather. I found one online for $100 range. Its a cool set up but expensive for no more than you get. You would think somebody would just offer a complete kit with it all ready to install and some diagrams.

Where did you get it?
I know that PG Classics sells the individual stuff, not sure that it comes in a kit though. I've priced one at about $1100 for all the parts on their website. I can't afford to buy mine now with all of my body and paint expenses. Hope they keep repoping them for a while...
They quit repoping the grill, so you never know with this stuff.

railrider

Reaction score
This is all I got from PG classics. Arrived quick, but doesn't have the seat area. I have to buy that elsewhere. Already ordered the breather for a 440 Air Grabber. Should be here soon.

road6.jpg

chapdog105

Reaction score
railrider said:
This is all I got from PG classics. Arrived quick, but doesn't have the seat area. I have to buy that elsewhere. Already ordered the breather for a 440 Air Grabber. Should be here soon.

road6.jpg

Let me know how that all works out. I want to use the PG repop for my 440. I have a long time before I can begin spending $ on the air grabber system, but it's on the list. I'll probably be purchasing mine in the fall after I get the car back from body and paint. Can't wait...

On a sidenote, the repop screens for the hood won't be correct if you need those too. The repops are mesh, and the originals are woven. I'd like to use the woven screens personally. Someone on this site created their own screens with woven stock, so that's an option too.

Back