• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WANTED Air intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

V.R.D

Reaction score
good luck hard to find. there is someone that refurbish your old one some body will chime in and help. you could check the other forum for b-body's only.

Rogue Runner

Reaction score
Hope not, we dynode the motor and got everything pretty dialed. We also have a guy that helps locals' with these quite often if we run into a snag.. He has all the right equipment for these units.

V.R.D

Reaction score
Hope not, we dynode the motor and got everything pretty dialed. We also have a guy that helps locals' with these quite often if we run into a snag.. He has all the right equipment for these units.
the heat is the problem if the ecu is in the unit bolted to the intake will over heat the ecu . if you use a 1/4 wood/fiber spacer it will help with heat soke.

Rogue Runner

Reaction score
OK now you have my attention, i was aware of the sensitivity of the wire harness and ecu, but no one ever discussed a solution. What your saying is once i slam the hood shut and step into the real environment it will face, it's going to get very warm there. Thank you for the info.

V.R.D

Reaction score
i run the edelbrock pro-flo 4 xt port fuel injection it is so fun and e-z to tune

car 2.jpg

droptop

Reaction score
that fiteck is or might be a problem.
If you are talking about hood clearance for the FiTech with an air grabber, it will not be an issue. But the single plane hi rise intake is another can of worms altogether. No way that will work with a factory air grabber.

Rogue Runner

Reaction score
No, no air grabber with this motor. It's not original to the car, we took the air grabber off the hood until it's time to take her back to her original glory.

Rogue Runner

Reaction score
good luck hard to find. there is someone that refurbish your old one some body will chime in and help. you could check the other forum for b-body's only.
Maybe looking at refurbishing mine is a better idea, it's not bad, just very brittle and rubber needs to be replaced with new decal.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Check old forum here on the air grabber. There is a guy that can bring these back. Decals might be found in the classic industries book. That new motor is eye candy. Have fun. :beep:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I run a Holley Sniper on my 440 Valiant down in the desert in high heat with no issues same design more or less as the Fitech. I have read about some issues with the Fitech so I went Holley. Come to think about it I am useing an aluminum manifold but still 225 degrees at times.

Last edited:

Rogue Runner

Reaction score
I run a Holley Sniper on my 440 Valiant down in the desert in high heat with no issues same design more or less as the Fitech. I have read about some issues with the Fitech so I went Holley. Come to think about it I am useing an aluminum manifold but still 225 degrees at times.
Great story... very nice RR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back