• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Air Shocks installation

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
roadrunnerh said:
Their going back to Summit today, I order KYB's. (plus I want to get back on good graces with "Master Po" a.k.a. Ray) :jester:

Master Po: Close your eyes. What do you hear?
Young Caine: I hear the water, I hear the birds.
Po: Do you hear your own heartbeat?
Caine: No.
Po: Do you hear the grasshopper which is at your feet?
Caine: Old man, how is it that you hear these things?
Po: Young man, how is it that you do not?

All is cool here at the Shaolin MoPar Monastery, my friend... :lol:

I like Chris' idea... Until you do some other mods and have to address the rear end issue anyway, I say why not?

:jester:

moparchris

Reaction score
Boy Harry really took a beating on this one. :lol: You'd think he wanted to put 20's on it or something! :acme:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
moparchris said:
Boy Harry really took a beating on this one. :lol: You'd think he wanted to put 20's on it or something! :acme:

So Gary hasn't been on in a while and you're his self-appointed :pot: replacement? :lol:

Harry did not take a beating; it was more like "group counseling"... :grouphug:

But you're right about the 20's; it's a REALLY GOOD thing that he hates Donk Wheels too... :basketcase:

:jester:

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
Chris, I like to consider the experience as having an Intervention.....tough love.

Ray, this is a funny coincidence. I never heard of the expression Donk wheels or Donk rims until last night and I was watching these REDICULOUS youtube videos of some ghetto rats running 28's on their cars. I kept seeing that phrase!

(now Ray is gonna have to talk me out of using a set of these....)

http://www.jcwhitney.com/leaf-spring-adjustable-helpers/p2005984.jcwx?filterid=j1

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
roadrunnerh said:
Chris, I like to consider the experience as having an Intervention.....tough love.

Ray, this is a funny coincidence. I never heard of the expression Donk wheels or Donk rims until last night and I was watching these REDICULOUS youtube videos of some ghetto rats running 28's on their cars. I kept seeing that phrase!

(now Ray is gonna have to talk me out of using a set of these....)

http://www.jcwhitney.com/leaf-spring-adjustable-helpers/p2005984.jcwx?filterid=j1
Harry I hope your kidding :huh: If not I'll get you a set of foot long shackles to go with them :lol:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
roadrunnerh said:
Actually Bob I am considering these. It's only one leaf, why would I need foot long shackles?
Because they don't work and your almost at the cost of re arching yours and not having those nasty looking things under your car. My springs were $100 to re arch plus U-bolts, I'm not trying to be mean, I just think your runner deserves better :yesnod:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
roadrunnerh said:
Bob, No, these things would be going on the Scamp. I would never put those on my Road Runner!
Still don't work worth a crap. If I remember right you are getting new U-bolts go find a set of junk springs of the same width get two new centering bolts and slip a medium length spring into the pack if you want to keep it cheap. Use a couple of clamps to disassemble and reassemble. I do it all the time on my Jeeps.

moparchris

Reaction score
Harry, here is another thought. I have done this twice before. Once on my Swinger (to get it lower) and once on a Road Runner (to get it lower), see a theme coming? Anyways, I would try to find a junk yard set of springs from an A body, take the extra spring set apart by clamping the spring pack in a vise or vise grips and remove the center pin/bolt. Then do the same from your car. Add or subtract as necessary until the desired height is acheived. It will probably cost a few bucks less the rearching them and then you can custom tailor the height. I have had problems getting dearched/ rearched springs the proper height. Plus I am a cheap ass Saudi oil baron so I try to do things myself when I can.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
moparchris said:
Harry, here is another thought. I have done this twice before. Once on my Swinger (to get it lower) and once on a Road Runner (to get it lower), see a theme coming? Anyways, I would try to find a junk yard set of springs from an A body, take the extra spring set apart by clamping the spring pack in a vise or vise grips and remove the center pin/bolt. Then do the same from your car. Add or subtract as necessary until the desired height is acheived. It will probably cost a few bucks less the rearching them and then you can custom tailor the height. I have had problems getting dearched/ rearched springs the proper height. Plus I am a cheap ass Saudi oil baron so I try to do things myself when I can.
That's more or less what I said but you did it in Arabic :lol:

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
Bob and Chris, those are great suggestions and I truly appreciate it.The only thing.....

Junk yards in Pittsburgh and surrounding areas are a different animal compared to Ca and Az...... It would be a MAJOR ballbuster to try to remove leaf springs in a yard - think years of rust....on an old Dart Duster Valiant, Scamp. :eek:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
roadrunnerh said:
Bob and Chris, those are great suggestions and I truly appreciate it.The only thing.....

Junk yards in Pittsburgh and surrounding areas are a different animal compared to Ca and Az...... It would be a MAJOR ballbuster to try to remove leaf springs in a yard - think years of rust....on an old Dart Duster Valiant, Scamp. :eek:

I'm shocked to hear that they even have any old MoPars in junk yards up there... :eek:

moparchris

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
moparchris said:

Cowboy to Rich Saudi oil Baron dictionary.

Besides I dont read what you post Mr. Blabber Fingers takes too much time. Have you seen your post count?! :acme:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
moparchris said:
69hemibeep said:
moparchris said:

Cowboy to Rich Saudi oil Baron dictionary.

Besides I dont read what you post Mr. Blabber Fingers takes too much time. Have you seen your post count?! :acme:
Never pay any attention to it, or you :jester:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
[
I'm shocked to hear that they even have any old MoPars in junk yards up there... :eek:

and when we do get an old Mopar ln they look like the Thanksgiving Turkey the day after ln a matter of days......

Back