• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

alternative locations to install water temp sensor for electric fans?

marktres

Reaction score
I have a 383 road runner that I just installed Vintage AC and a Be Cool radiator with electric fans. I can't seem to get the plug out of the water pump housing to install the sensor. Are there other locations I can install it? Any suggestions on how to get the plug out? drill? easy out?
Thanks

marktres

Reaction score
Another question..if I drill it out and remove the lower hose, will the shavings come out the lower outlet?

Ranger

Reaction score
I just installed a water temp gauge and put it in the WP housing. Didn't have too much trouble with the plug, but depending on which manifold you have, there may be a plug or two in it.

The plug should have a 3/8" square hole in it. I simply used a 3/8" drive ratchet with an extension in it. Plugged the extension drive lug into the plug and it came loose pretty easily. If that doesn't work, a few short bursts from an impact may do the trick.

Back