• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alternator fitment with Eddy RPM Heads. . .

JJRJR

Reaction score
Hey guys, in a bit of a jam. Ordered the Power Master 140 AMP alternator from Summit. Just arrived and it doesn't work with my Eddy Performer RPM aluminum heads.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of a high output alternator that will work with the Eddy heads?

Thanks guys,
John

challengergary

Reaction score
Talked with the people at power master - it will work, i just need to clock the housing 120 degrees.

dutchrunner

Reaction score
Had a 170amp power master on my Eddy'ed 528 and after turning the back 120 it fitted perfect.

Just don't forgot to remove the brushes first.

JJRJR

Reaction score
Is there anything wrong with having more Amps than needed? With dual electric fans, electric fuel pump, and all the normal accessories, the shop calculated nearly 100 amp draw. He recommended the 140 amp unit. No big deal!

dutchrunner

Reaction score
I don't know if too much is a problem.
I do know what happens if it's not enough. :puke:

Still feel my back from pushing the bird. H*lly Sh*t. :eek:

JJRJR

Reaction score
This is what I'm talking about. Both fans, electric fuel pump, headlights, brakelights, A/C and stereo all on at idle and we're above 12 volts. Thanks Power Master!!

VoltMeter_zpsad2c1d72.jpg

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
JJRJR said:
Is there anything wrong with having more Amps than needed? With dual electric fans, electric fuel pump, and all the normal accessories, the shop calculated nearly 100 amp draw. He recommended the 140 amp unit. No big deal!

Only problem will be if you do not have a shunt to carry the load. The stock wiring will not like high amps for extended periods.

Back