• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alternator Question

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Ok I know this has been beat to death. But here goes the question. I am putting the by pass wire form the alt to the starter relay as suggested in old forum's. Now the amp meter gauge will read what. Or will it read the amp's at all. I see Summit sell's a regulator for the square back alt that is suppose to solve the two field alt problem. But my Starter and alt guy's say's just ground one field to a good ground. Then it should work fine. Any thought's on this would appreciate it. Read a post on charger forum and the guy had drawn up a diagram of increasing the wire size to some application's should that be done. Or dose doing the wiring to the start relay work fine with out increasing wire size under dash. Going to power up the system this week. Just don't have head light's hooked up yet. Want to start the car and test some of the circuits. Thanks.

quikbird

Reaction score
ground one field post. i always test circuits using a battery charger set at about 10 amps rather than starting car. helps catch some issues before full power

Back