• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aluminum radiator.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Now have an Aluminum radiator ordered from Classic industries. OER. Finding out that the core has moved closer to my fan and trying to find a happy medium for a spacer to fit. If I move it back too far then it will hit my A/C compressor. My wife said she did not know that there would be so much involved in putting a different radiator in the car. Got a new fan shroud also. I had a two-inch spacer with the other radiator. Had a problem trying to find the inch and a half spacer but finally found one at about 40 bucks with shipping and all. Has anyone else had problems with trying to get fitment right when installing the aluminum radiators. Yea I know should have bought Griffin but thought I could save a few bucks ug. How much clearance should I have between the fan and A/C compressor so I will not have fan strike. Trying to get at least 3/4 inch or 1 inch clearance from fan to radiator. Any info would be appreciated. Russ.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I've said it over and over OER sucks. Nothing they make fits right.

Back