• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AM Radio

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Your good, my AM/FM is Chrysler. The radio should be pretty much flat some other models had a face that sloped back.

A31PKG

Reaction score
I am almost 100% certain that by 1969 the radio faceplates all said "Chrysler"... 1968 & back depicted the individual marques: Chrysler, Dodge, & Plymouth. I say this in reference to b-bodys for 1969....not sure about the others?

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Your good, my AM/FM is Chrysler. The radio should be pretty much flat some other models had a face that sloped back.

Most of the ones that are sloped back are C-Body ones from what I have seen.

Also didn't the radios in the Dodges say Dodge on them?

I know my 69GTS am radio said Dodge on it.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
abodybill said:
69hemibeep said:

Most of the ones that are sloped back are C-Body ones from what I have seen.

Also didn't the radios in the Dodges say Dodge on them?

I know my 69GTS am radio said Dodge on it.
They said Dodge at one time, but they may have switched to Chrysler also, just not sure.

ALX69RR440

Reaction score
Thank you everyone. Very helpful.

I saw this advertised as a 1968 Road Runner am radio so I wasn’t sure if I had the correct one for 69.
I got this explanation on the breakdown for the different body styles from and add on eBay. Not sure if it’s correct but the guy said he has been working on these radios for over 35 years. And the same guy that has the 68 RR radio you see below:

B body has black push buttons. Mounting brace stud located on the right rear
A body radios have a flat lens that will have a 1/4" gap between it and the dash bezel, brace stud on the bottom , and chrome push buttons
C body radios have chrome push buttons, the brace stud usually on the wrong side, and the face is the wrong shape to fit a B dash.
The C body radio also has a slanted chrome bezel, usually with ' volume ' 'tone ' & ' tuning ' cast into it. It will not fit the B body dash bezel.

1968radioSmall.jpg

Back