• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AMD outer wheelhouse fitment?

torredcuda

Reaction score
My outer wheelhouses are not in too bad shape, some rust on lower edge and passenger side is crinkled from a previuos accident. I`m on the fence to fix them or just replace with new ones, it`s more spot welds to drill :cursin: but probably the same amount of work as trying to patch mine. My question is how do they fit - like factory, need some tweaking or way off?

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Mine fit well. Cut off at seam on the old ones and spliced the new ones on. Just the out sides were rotted off where they welded to the quarter lip. New drop downs needed extra piece of metal to close the gap under the car to the tub. Made my own piece to fit in there. Good luck.

torredcuda

Reaction score
Ok, I was hoping not to have to do the outers but I think I will rather than trying to patch, only problem now is I am finding they are out of stock of course.

torredcuda

Reaction score
Well shit, knew it was too good to be true as nobody else had them in stock - they sent me ones for a Charger not a road runner and they are different. Guess I`ll be calling them Monday morning and hopefully they actually have the correct ones like they said, but I`m not holding my breath.

MoparDan

Reaction score
Well shit, knew it was too good to be true as nobody else had them in stock - they sent me ones for a Charger not a road runner and they are different. Guess I`ll be calling them Monday morning and hopefully they actually have the correct ones like they said, but I`m not holding my breath.
I was wondering where they get their parts, I don't think they stamp their own. If they don't have them I would guess they are AMD. I used to see body panels from GoodMark, but I've not seen anything from them in 10 years.

Last edited:

MoparDan

Reaction score
UPS is picking up the wrong Charger ones and they are shipping out the correct ones.
I just had something interesting happen. Auto Body Specialties just called me. They asked me if I wanted the outer wheelhouse I had in my cart. They said they were out but had one coming back. I asked if it was coming back from Jeff in New Hampshire and she said yes. I told her that was for a Charger, not a Roadrunner. She said they had a mix up with part numbers. She said Golden Star has them and she could get one for me also. So yours will be from Golden Star. I have a little experience with Golden Star, the only thing I have gotten from them was the Trunk Floor Brace kit. It is OK, but it's not as complicated of a stamping. I hope it will be up to your standards. I have plenty of other metalwork to do so I'll wait on AMD. I placed the order so they will notify me when they are back in stock. Note: I just got an email from Maricela at AMD, she is saying 1-2 weeks so I'll expect 3-4.

Last edited:

torredcuda

Reaction score
The Charger ones were AMD so I guess I assumed the replacements were also, I should have asked. :( Hopefully they are not complete crap as I`d like to replace the whole part rather than splice in the damaged areas.

MoparDan

Reaction score

torredcuda

Reaction score
I used to do crash work for a living years ago so I know all about cheap, poor fitting aftermarket parts that need work to fit but hopefully they aren`t too bad.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
AMD parts where ok but still had to tweak some of them like adding metal. My one quarter pane rear really had to put it into place it wanted to stand off at the taillight area. Valance panel back was short on metal. So had to cut a strip and add it. I was told just be lucky you can find something that looks like the original. HA HA. Glad I am done with that sheet metal work. Wish you guy's lots of luck on the build. :beep:

torredcuda

Reaction score
Wheel houses arived today, I don`t have the old ones cut off so I can`t really compare the size/shape/contours but they look OK. I did notice they feel lighter than the other ones and so I mic`d th thickness - .031-.032 with the electrocoat still on, I didn`t mic the other ones but I`m betting the AMD parts are thicker. I was on the fence to either replace the whole wheel houses or just splice in the bad areas, seeing how I think the metal is a bit thinner it made my decision for me. My drivers side is actually really solid with only small lower sections rusted, the passenger has just slighty more rust but has been creased in from an accident. If I was needin the who;e part I would probably end up returning them and waiting for better AMD parts but I will just hammer and dolly the crease out and splice in the small sections so they will work just fine for me.

Back