• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another 69 RR Airgrabber question

Reaction score
The main reason I joined the forum was to ask this airgrabber question about my 69 RR factory a/c car build. Little known fact when I bought the car was that factory a/c cars were not available from the factory with an airgrabber assembly on the hood because the grabber assembly on the hood and the bottom plate of the grabber air cleaner won't clear the a/c compressor. Without knowing this I bought the car and tasked my builder with restoring the factory a/c and adding an airgrabber to the car. While talking with a mopar expert buddy about my build he informed me about the fact that the compressor and grabber don't play well together. However, this was after the grabber assembly was purchased and installed on the hood (all before the a/c compressor was installed). My builder about crapped when the lower cleaner plate wouldn't fit, and especially when the hood wouldn't close after the compressor was installed. However, my mopar buddy said he had heard of 69 a/c RR cars being set up with airgrabbers with some quality tweaks. The only tweaks I can imagine are mods to the cleaner plate and the grabber assembly, or maybe a new lower profile compressor, or maybe a re-positioned factory compressor. Has anyone encountered this before with a solution, or seen a 69 a/c RR modified to allow the a/c compressor and grabber to play well together. If so, thoughts and pics would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your assistance and thoughts.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
There are mounting kits out there for Sanden compressors in different locations. Your engine size intake manifold and air cleaner base can be changed depending on your combination of engine and intake manifold.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lot less horsepower required to drive that Sanden compressor if you go that route too...

Back