• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another muffler thread

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I would like to find a 2 1/2" good sounding muffler without a nagging drone when cruising down the highway.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Take the passenger seat out.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I picked up a pair of mufflers from Accurate Exhaust that I like the sound of. For me it has a nice sound when at idle and you can hear yourself think and carry a conversation without shouting while going down the highway. They're 20" long and were listed as Hemi mufflers.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
I have the Dynomax Super Turbos on the 300. They sound a lot better than the Flowmasters that were on it.

Skingjack

Reaction score
Resurrecting an old thread...
69hemibeep- in search of new mufflers for my bird...did you go with the Super Turbo mufflers? If so, can you recall the model number you had installed?

Skingjack

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Not off hand but they are the same as what Big John used above put them on my 440 Valiant

Skingjack

Reaction score
So the super turbo mufflers (17747)are on ... relatively quiet at idle ... very noticeable sound up to 1800rpm then quiets down until you get into the throttle. With 3.91 gears the car doesn’t spend much time under 1800rpm ...So Perfect for this guy.

Plybeep68

Acceleratii Incredibus
Reaction score
What did you put on your car ? I'm running flow master super 44's, not really pleased with them, not an aggressive tone in my opinion , I was running cherry bomb header mufflers with pipes to the rear axle, headers are Hedman with 2" tubes and 3" collectors, with 3" pipe

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I used 14" turbos they do have a bit of a drone on the highway but I like the sound otherwise. It is 2.5" all the way back off the headers with an H pipe. Careful with the big pipe unless you have a monster motor it will defeat the purpose of the muffler and reduce power is some cases.

CMCE

Reaction score
Dynomax Super Turbos are a good choice, but if you require an offset/center muffler they offer a 14" version only. If you need an offset/offset muffler, you have a choice of 14", 16", or 20".
14" on a stock engine is not obnoxious, but with some cam and compression they can be loud, although drone won't be too much of an issue. 20" Super Turbos are quiet but with a very nice muscle car tone. Dynomax does make a 20" offest/center muffler, but it's 3". Here is a list of all the Dynomax mufflers with their SCFM and 'Loss Free HP' ratings. The loss free hp rating is the HP level at which the muffler starts becoming a restriction. If you look at the chart you'll see that the Straight-through Ultra Flo's have the highest flow and HP numbers, but they can be loud. In comparison, the typical FM series 40 is good for about 340-350 HP before becoming a restriction. All HP ratings are engine, not rear wheel HP.
https://classicmusclecarexhaust.com/i/exhaust-101
Scroll down to the Dynomax section of this link and click on the link. Very informative.

Last edited:
Back